Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

I want to take a multivitamin that combines Vitamin C, E and zinc (if omega 3 is in there too even better). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey

I want to take a multivitamin that combines Vitamin C, E and zinc (if omega 3 is in there too even better). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Depends on what you've got access to; you might get better results if you list a few products you were thinking about trying and asking for input.

Well that's the thing...I am not sure what i should be taking and I have been looking at all your posts and realize maybe it would be a good idea to try something. I was on antibiotics (Doxcycline) for a while along with Retin A and Duac. I have tried a host of topicals and antibiotics. Sometimes it would clear my skin only to have the acne return. Lately it has been getting worse and my dermatologist suggested accutane..which I am scared of. So I came here looking around seeing if there was maybe a new approach I can take with vitamins/nutrient that I haven't done yet since I have mostly been on antibiotics and topicals. Ovearll I eat healthy and exercise. I don't even drink soda, stay away from sweets, processed foods, junk in general. I make fresh food everyday eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and drink plenty of water. I don't know why my skin is freaking out on me lately. My face regiment is no longer working and it seems neither is my healthy diet. I am also taking omega 3 vitamins. I saw a lot of people on here talking about B5 complex and I was thinking maybe I should try that with the omega 3. I don't know. Sorry for the long response but any advice would be appreciated.

Well that's the thing...I am not sure what i should be taking and I have been looking at all your posts and realize maybe it would be a good idea to try something. I was on antibiotics (Doxcycline) for a while along with Retin A and Duac. I have tried a host of topicals and antibiotics. Sometimes it would clear my skin only to have the acne return. Lately it has been getting worse and my dermatologist suggested accutane..which I am scared of. So I came here looking around seeing if there was maybe a new approach I can take with vitamins/nutrient that I haven't done yet since I have mostly been on antibiotics and topicals. Ovearll I eat healthy and exercise. I don't even drink soda, stay away from sweets, processed foods, junk in general. I make fresh food everyday eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and drink plenty of water. I don't know why my skin is freaking out on me lately. My face regiment is no longer working and it seems neither is my healthy diet. I am also taking omega 3 vitamins. I saw a lot of people on here talking about B5 complex and I was thinking maybe I should try that with the omega 3. I don't know. Sorry for the long response but any advice would be appreciated.

My first piece of advice would be to get off the antibiotics ASAP. They'll wreak havoc on your intestinal flora and really hamper your digestion.

Second, I'd recommend you lower your fruit intake. A lot of us on here don't do too well with much fruit. I know if/when I up my fruit intake my body/skin doesn't like it.

I'd also highly recommend you stick to a low GI diet consisting mostly of meat and vegetables (experiment with your fat intake as well; some do best with lean meats and vegetables with little fat while others thrive on high fat diets) for a while.

Lastly, you might want to try laying off the Omega-3s for a while, especially if they're not of a reputable brand as they're often rancid (especially in capsule form) which does much more harm than good. I don't do well either on fish oil for some reason and I know others on here have had similar experiences.

Keep in mind, if you do get a multi, that it doesn't "make up for" a poor diet in any way. Fixing your diet up is the priority, and once you've done that, then (if you feel it's necessary) get yourself a good multi. Personally, I find a good way to tell if it's a quality multi is the forms of vitamins/minerals they use. For instance; magnesium oxide is the cheapest and least well absorbed form (at least that I know of).