Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutchie1014

Mineral Make up bad for my skin!

I have used both Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals over the last few weeks. Both have made me break out in both rash like pimples and huge cysts under the skin.

I really would like to wear make up that won't aggravate my skin.

Any opinions out there? I have oily skin and large pores, moderate acne and uneven skin tone.

Let me know! :)

^that sounds like the mica reaction. Read ingredients lists and find one without mica.

Yeah, and it sucks - mica's in practically everything.

Maybelline's mineral power powder is mica free, but it's a very heavy coverage, and kinda drying.

I make my own stuff - I'll be glad to give you the recipe though (porcelain-buff shade)

That is a great idea-making your own make up! My skin is pretty dark though, porcelain probably wouldn't do it for me! Maybe you can kind of tell me the basics and I will experiment with it? Thanks!!

sure!

I order from TKB trading or coastal scents (like TKB better)

recipe for buff:

3 Tablespoons of 5-6 micron size boron nitride

1 Tablespoon Silk Powder

1 Teaspoon silica powder

1/3 Teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1/3 Teaspoon Titanium Dioxide (I like the methicone treated)

1/4 Teaspoon brown iron oxide powder

1/8 teaspoon yellow iron oxide powder

1/8 teaspoon red iron oxide powder

Put all ingredients in a clean coffee grinder.

Grind by pressing button for 5 second intervals

Occasionally tap lid of grinder to settle powder

Occasionally invert grinder and tap upside down to settle powder

add oxides a few grains at a time to darken/change - about a 16th of teaspoon. Increase browns first, then yellow, then red.

as a rule, this will be really messy! Good Luck!

edit: I use red 541 (brick), flat pure brown oxide, and yellow #77492

I ordered some samples from Beauty Bliss to cover me until I can find some time to make my own! Their matte foundation is mica and bismuth free so I'm hopeful.

I will let you know how things turns out!

Both of those brands broke me out, too. Now I just stick to liquid and I found one I really love. It's Clinique Repairwear with SPF 15 or 30, can't remember. It's great coverage and looks very natural even though I slather it on, lol. Give it a try, Clinique is great about returns if it doesn't work out.

Both of those brands broke me out, too. Now I just stick to liquid and I found one I really love. It's Clinique Repairwear with SPF 15 or 30, can't remember. It's great coverage and looks very natural even though I slather it on, lol. Give it a try, Clinique is great about returns if it doesn't work out.

can you return it even after using it??

can you return it even after using it??

you can't do that in England.

i have experienced the same problem!

i bought powder and eye shadow from jane iredale. it is supposed to be very good and natural.

but when i used the powder i instantly got new pimples - in a few hours or so. when i used the eye shadow i got "pimples" on the eye. i don't know what is called in english.

i now understand that mica might be the problem since it is an ingredient in both powder and eye shadow.

i also had problems with their mascara. it got infections in the eye.

i wrote a letter to the shop asking them what they could do about selling me products worsening my acne. let's see what they reply...