Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there. I am new here, so this would be my first post and I think that it is polite to first introduce myself. My name is Marko Popovic, 21 year old student from Montenegro. I had been following and reading topics on this forum for almost a month now, and I have decided to register myself now to seek for your opinions and help in solving my problem. Like, probably, most of you I have been suffering from severe acne for a long period of time. I've got my first major breakout at the age of 13, and severe acne lasted for almost 5-6 years!!! Now, my face has cleared up from those huge breakouts, i still have some minor whiteheads (after shaving) and blackheads (in area arround nose since I have very large pores). But my problem aren't those minor pimples as you may thought, my problem are acne scars that were left after those terrible breakouts in my teenage days. I have tryed litteraly everything to remove them: tons of products, I have been on 6 Murad TCA Peel sessions, 2 Microdermabrasion sessions, and as last try to get rid of them I had ordered Zen Med scar kit, and used it for 5 times now....and everything of mentioned gave some kind of results, but nothing special, as I would want it anyway....

Than, I found this site and forums, and while reading I saw that majority of acne scar sufferers have achieved some nice results with DERMA ROLLERS. To be honest , I have never heard of them before, so I did a bit of research online and got in contact with Alex Mason, owner of . Mr Alex was very kind to inform me and get me in the world of derma rollers. And now we come to main reason I am posting this. Since I was reading topics and your guys experiences here , I saw that almost all of you used bigger needles than 1.0mm, and used them very aggresivly , I even saw some very bloody pics....when I asked Alex about that, as for sure I would like to get rid of my scars but not at every cost, he told me that anything above 0.5mm is not suitable for use on face , and he reccomended me to get one of those rollers from his site. He claims that no blood should be drawn, and that I can achieve same results as most of you with frequent but less severe use of roller.

Now , I will attach some photos of me taken last night so you could get idea of severity of my scars, and suggest me based on your experiences what to do.

Best regards, Marko :dance:

post-107182-1246905813_thumb.jpg

post-107182-1246905869_thumb.jpg

post-107182-1246905931_thumb.jpg

post-107182-1246905813_thumb.jpg

post-107182-1246905869_thumb.jpg

post-107182-1246905931_thumb.jpg

Your scarring is barely noticeable.

I would'nt do anything that could make your skin worse, like TCA CROSS etc

if really bother you I would do some sessions of Fraxel Re:store, not fraxel repair.

But srlsy, your skin is fine

well i would like to get rid of this scarring that is left, not that it bothers me too much but i would like to make it go awayt. can derma rolling make my skin worse? :think:

thanx for your reply :wavey:

Try TCA peels 1st,you should start with a 12% to get your skin use to the acid then work your way upto say 50% strengths or stronger if you can tolerate these.If this doesn't help then try dermarolling,self needling and LED light therapy .

Buy the 1.5mm 3 line dermaroller (See link below) as this is the best to use to stimulate new collagen growth my derm said,or you could try self needling with 31g or 33g diabetic needles (don't use lancets bc they are wider at the end of the needles).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-LINE-DR-ROLLER-1...%3D20%26ps%3D50

LEDs light therapy should be used in conjunction with rolling and needling,look at lamarr1986 posts for help on LEDS

More than 35% TCA peel at home is asking to cause scarring. I caused scarring with 20% TCA + Glycolic. So be careful. And there's no hole in TCA PEELS with more than 40%, only TCA CROSS.

I have no experience at all with dermarolling. Actually, I never saw before/after pics of it. Would like to! :D

does anyone know where can i order Neutrogena Advanced Solutions MicroDermabrasion System kit online? I tryed over Amazon but it does not ship to Europe.

hey Marko,

have you tried self-needling? I believe it's basically the same concept as dermarolling. I've had some success with that. I prick the scarred area, hear a pop, and let the blood dry, which later creates a nice scab, which I treat with neosporin and vaseline.

Maybe you could give it a shot on one of your scars.

GL

Go to a professional. Find a derm and do dermarolling. Your scars are as minimal as they can be. You don't even have redness that often are in the scars. So consider yourself very lucky to begin with. I'm sure dermarolling and/or needling will solve whatever issues you may have. Just don't overdo it, don't do lasers I don't think you will need them as they are much more risky.

thanx for suggestions, unfortunately we do not have any dermarolling pros here, I think noone has even heard of it round here. Yesterday Ive got my ZGTS 0.5mm rollers Ive ordered , done one session last night. Wasn't really comfortable but if it will help..... will keep you updated. I've also ordered this HEAL GEL that someone mentioned , just to try it I think I've got nothing to lose.

does anyone know where can i order Neutrogena Advanced Solutions MicroDermabrasion System kit online? I tryed over Amazon but it does not ship to Europe.

i would try ebay :) or makeupalley.com (you can set up some kind of trade i bet many people would love some European beauty products)

ive tried it before! it didnt work! it doesnt help with reducing acne scars..

Hey buddy, i wouldnt worry about them, the mild, and i can hardly see them, goodluck anyways, i think your best just leaving them be

ADA!

Hi guys. Here I am back from my summer vacation, and just to update a bit my topic.... I was in Croatia at sea side, getting lots of sun , swimming etc. and I had a terrible breakout in the neck area , I suppose it is cause of the sun and shaving combination. Anyways, I tryed derma rolling but it was too painfull and no results for me , so I would have reason to continue with it.

On my way back home to Montenegro, I visited Belgrade and stop by in one of the best laser centers there and had my acne scars checked out by the plastic surgeon and she recomended 4 fraxel laser treatments. First one is going to be this monday , I am flying to Belgrade to get it done, and will update with photos and comments about possible results :think: but to be honest with you all, the more time passes , the more I think there is no soultion to get rid of this damn scars! :snooty::shifty:

And here are some photos of me I taken few minutes ago, for all those of you who said that I dont have some "big problem", but it is only me to blame because I havent taken previous photos in right lightning i suppose....

Cya soon, love you all :boohoo::dance:

DSC01488.JPG

DSC01486.JPG

DSC01482.JPG

DSC01478.JPG

I think the first pictures were pretty clear too! Im wondering though, do people here really see this as "mild scarring"?

Makes me think all my scars are in my head.. :o

Its all relative lol. Personally Im leaning more toward moderate rather than mild. From your post, I think Diana you really have mild scarring lol.