Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ssj4karan

Protein causing heat and causing acne???

Hi guys, I live in India, Chennai..The temperature here are between 36'c - 42'c.

I also gym 6 days a week and weigh 74 Kgs. So i need to have atleast 148 grams of protein a day.

I have acne on my face. I also heard that protein causes lot of heat in the body.

I have 10 boiled eggs a day [7 days a week, Only egg whites], 250 grams boiled chicken everyday, Cottage cheese, Milk and 50 grams Protein Shake supplements everyday to get my 148 grams per day.

So does this and the temperature i live in have anything to do with my acne?

How will i know if i am allergic to certain food?

Thanx!!!

Hi guys, I live in India, Chennai..The temperature here are between 36'c - 42'c.

I also gym 6 days a week and weigh 74 Kgs. So i need to have atleast 148 grams of protein a day.

I have acne on my face. I also heard that protein causes lot of heat in the body.

I have 10 boiled eggs a day [7 days a week, Only egg whites], 250 grams boiled chicken everyday, Cottage cheese, Milk and 50 grams Protein Shake supplements everyday to get my 148 grams per day.

Thanx!!!

Whey protein is made of milk! So, if you're allergic to milk then you should certainly avoid whey protein.

Thanx!!!

If you're concerned with allergies, an Elimination Diet is the cheapest and most effective way to tell. Out of your list of foods though; cottage cheese, eggs, milk, and protein shakes are usually pretty allergenic. You could cut those out in favour of other protein sources (beef, pork, lamb, turkey, fish, etc.). I'd also get some fat in there as well; fat is vital for a number of things (look up "rabbit starvation" to see what a high protein, low-fat diet can do).

Guys i eat only chicken and egg in non-veg..I dont touch anything else..I checked the allergies related to the food items i have mentioned but i dont experience any.

I want to know if excessive protein creates heat in the body?

N this together with the hot temperature i live in, is causing acne..

that's alot of protein....what's the rest of your diet like?

if you are eating a high percentage of protein then maybe you should try something else.

for instance if you current diet look like this:

70% protein 20% carbs 10% fats

why not make some changes like this: 40% protein 40%carbs 20% fats

as long as your caloric intake is high enough for your body weight and your activity level/metabolism, then i find it hard to believe you wouldn't be getting enough protein each day.

10 eggs a day is pretty ridiculous.

did you know leafy greens contain protein?

anything that has "amino acids" is protein.

Guys i eat only chicken and egg in non-veg..I dont touch anything else..I checked the allergies related to the food items i have mentioned but i dont experience any.

I want to know if excessive protein creates heat in the body?

N this together with the hot temperature i live in, is causing acne..

I think you might have a misunderstanding of the term "heat". If by heat you mean increased blood circulation due to inflamation,than it all depends. Protein itself will not cause inflamation, but the source you get it from can. If you have even a little bit of lactose intolerance, your body might react with a small allergic reaction or rash and your face will become " hot" or warm and red. You need to do what someone else here said and do an elimination diet. LIst all the things you eat, and eliminate 1 by 1 until you find the one that is the cause of your allergic reaction. Then you can eat everything you wan't and just avoid your problem foods...Its like performing an allergin test on yourself without the doctor.

Edit: Yeah , 10 eggs is not good unless your looking for a heart attack. Save your money and try getting protein from other sources such as nuts and grains and things like that. Much better for you.

10 eggs only egg whites without the yellow..So i dont think i have to worry about heart attack lol...

Well i have been on this diet for like 6 months but no side effects, Its just that the acne is remaining..Have been having diary products from when i was young, No side effects..I was thinking of doing a blood test for finding out food alergy but unfortunately, There is no lab where i live to do the test.

The concept of "heat" in the body due to food is found in Asia. It is not scientifically backed. It is an old idea.