Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
josh987

Best thing for red marks left by acne?

I have quite dry skin, with mostly red marks left behind from acne, as well as a few active spots.

Instead of trying to deal with the active spots, im more bothered about the red marks, as i only have a few active spots.

Benzoyl peroxide wouldnt help me with this, would it?

Would Salicylic acid help?

thanks

I have the same problem, red spots left by old break outs. I also go crazy tring to get rid of the redness. Thanks for bringing this question up, would also like to know how to get rid of it. It very annoying.

urine therapy

pee on a cotton ball and try getting the mid-stream pee (idk y), put it on all over ur face

wait 15 mins, and wash it off

my face is looking a lot better. i mean A LOT!

it isnt that bad after the first time, trust me

edit: o yea, DO NOT PICK AT UR ACNE!!!!!!!!

^ If you don't want to try extreme methods, a combination of time+exfoliation+sunscreen should lighten the marks.

I'm not sure if this was the question you wanted me to reply to, but here goes!

i'm currently having the same problem, one or two active spots but alot of left over red marks. ick!

the best thing to do for them is to not pick (really helps) and don't put too much stuff on them. A very gentle cleanser (johnsons head to toe baby wash is best, really is helping with redness) and moisturizer will help them heal faster. a retinol (retin a) can also help the process along if you have it prescribed to you.

Don't overload your face with products and home remedies that claim to work, bad idea! :s

good luck! and patience is key. any other questions?

I've moved this to the Red Marks Left After Acne board. Try looking around this board to see what kind of treatments other people are using to help fade their hyperpigmentation.

Has anyone heard of or tried Meladerm??

I just stumbled upon their website and i've been reading a lot of reviews and its supposed to work well at fading acne marks, but i don't know of anyone who's actually tried it...

the best thing to do for them is to not pick (really helps) and don't put too much stuff on them. A very gentle cleanser (johnsons head to toe baby wash is best, really is helping with redness) and moisturizer will help them heal faster. a retinol (retin a) can also help the process along if you have it prescribed to you.

Don't overload your face with products and home remedies that claim to work, bad idea! :s

VERY GOOD ADVICE!

That was what I did when I first joined acne.org. I used everything haha because everything "worked." All it did was just make my skin worse and more irritated. Gentle is the key when it comes to acne!