Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demo

Can't handle flaking skin. SOS!

Hi all,

I've been on the regimen for about 4 months, and it has been working wonderfully for me in terms of getting rid of acne. However I have a very big problem with my flaking skin. My skin type is dry, and I use jojoba oil together with the moisturizer. It moisturizes my skin but I always have flakes. AHA also doesn't help. I try using scrubs but the effect is temporary. This is especially a big problem for me in the mornings when after letting the moisturizer absorb, I apply powder makeup...this is when the skin flakes really get to me. My skin is not only flaky but (although moisturized) is sometimes red. So the bottomline is that although the regimen cleared the acne, my skin is not comfortable. Perhaps I should substitute for a different moisturizer? maybe this one is causing flakes because of its texture? Any suggestions? Or maybe somebody knows a really good exfoliating scrub/mask that can be used on a daily basis? Thanks!

My regimen: everything from acne.org... cleanser->BP->moisturizer+jojoba oil (day & night)

You could try switching moisturizers. Some people don't find the Acne.org moisturizer to be moisturizing enough. I, personally, use Cetaphil, and I think it's great. It felt a bit heavy when I first started using it, but I got used to it, and it works better than any other moisturizer I've tried.

+1 for the cetaphil moisturizer.

The acne.org moisturizer wasnt good enough to get rid of my flakes. When I switched to the cetaphil one, it solved my flakes. Check it out.

i agree with the above.

i was having serious issues with dryness especially when applying my powder makeup.

cetaphil definitely works for me!

you may want to keep in mind that it does take a couple of days of using cetaphil for the flakes to dissipate.

good luck!

Does the cetaphil moisturizer make skin shiny or oily? I still am looking for one that i dont need to add jojoba to and leaves my face with a matte finish.

I don't know about the regular Cetaphil but the Cetaphil in a tub is definitely shiny. There's no way you could wear it in the day. That's why I just use it at night.

Does the cetaphil moisturizer make skin shiny or oily? I still am looking for one that i dont need to add jojoba to and leaves my face with a matte finish.

It goes on completely clear and is still SPF 15, so it makes it a perfect moisturizer for the day.