Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Justin S

Do I need a moisturizer?

So I have pretty oily skin. I have heard that you should ALWAYS include a moisturizer in your acne regimen. Is that true? Usually by the end of the day (when I moisturize) my face ends up feeling just as oily as it would without the moisturizer. So im not sure if it's even helping, and it may be making things worse. I'm just confused on this issue. Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks

Oily skin and moisturized skin aren't the same thing. Moisturizing can help keep skin healthy and balanced, especially if you're using acne treatments which might dry out your skin (of moisture, not of oil).

That person is right, oily skin and moisturized skin aren't the same thing.

i know you're a guy, but you should try using Clinique 3-step systems (have your mom buy it haha). they have one for oily skin. it comes with a cleanser that helps remove excess oil, a toner that also removes unwanted oil and balances out your skins moisture levels and a moisturizing gel (oil-free)

these help control shine and oil. give it a try, but remember that what may work for me may not work for you, and vice versa.

good luck getting clear!

Thanks for the advice. I do use some products that would dry my skin of moisture. I'll have to give the clinique thing a try. I'm not concerned on who the product is made for as long as it works! Where can I find it?