Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So this could be a stupid easy question to answer.. but i thought i'd ask anyway..

So Ive heard people start clearing in all different months (1-5) or even after they finish. My question is.. is it dependant on the type of acne they have?

Ex> Extreme severe cystic acne may take 4 months to start clearing... compared to mild persistent acne(no cysts or nodules) clear in a month?

Does it matter on the type of acne for the time it takes to clear up? (What i mean by clear up is no new acne... old acne can still b there but no new ones)

So this could be a stupid easy question to answer.. but i thought i'd ask anyway..

So Ive heard people start clearing in all different months (1-5) or even after they finish. My question is.. is it dependant on the type of acne they have?

Ex> Extreme severe cystic acne may take 4 months to start clearing... compared to mild persistent acne(no cysts or nodules) clear in a month?

Does it matter on the type of acne for the time it takes to clear up? (What i mean by clear up is no new acne... old acne can still b there but no new ones)

I have cystic acne. I've seen noticeable clearing on my face/neck within a month (starting on my second month as we speak). I'm told there could be more break outs, but that's what I've seen. My chest is doing better than before, but it's still acne ridden. Hope that helps.

so i am a little behind you.. today is day 24 for me so almost done with first month

I had very mild(persistant) acne before starting.. now i would almost say moderate... did urs get worse any more for a time during the 1st month?

or was it more a mild progress clearing during entire 1st month

I am near the end of 3rd month, 40mg/daily

When I started, my skin turned from super oil to dry in 2 wks. Then I experienced the IB and flaky dry skin all over. The first 2 months was the hardest for me.

I had cystic acne on my chin, upper lip area, and next to my nose. Also I started out with tons of blackheads on nose, chin, and cheeks as well.

I am going to begin my 4th month of treatment next week; I have the mild pimples, some blackheads, red marks, and dry lips to deal with. I am just thankful and looking forward to greater improvement to come.

I think it works differently for different people; some have the nodular and cystic acne cleared within the 1st month (it did not happen to me), some need to wait til almost at the end of their treatment.

Regardless how your face and/or body get cleared by this med, be patient and stay positive because it will clear everything eventually.

Good Luck!