Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Those of you who have allergies: How long does it take for symptoms to arise after consuming?

How long does it take if you eat dairy for example (assuming you break out from eating it) to break out?

I tried to keep a diary but my breakouts don't show a pattern. I ate 5 kg of strawberries after being on a super low sugar diet for a few months, and being 70% clear. I broke out about 10 days later. I also brought in different kinds of nuts and lots of fruits. How am I supposed to know what I am intolerant to? Or it's not the food at all. This is difficult!

How long does it take if you eat dairy for example (assuming you break out from eating it) to break out?

I tried to keep a diary but my breakouts don't show a pattern. I ate 5 kg of strawberries after being on a super low sugar diet for a few months, and being 70% clear. I broke out about 10 days later. I also brought in different kinds of nuts and lots of fruits. How am I supposed to know what I am intolerant to? Or it's not the food at all. This is difficult!

You can go for an allergy test.. They're around $25 (in Canada) and you can test for like, 40 things on one arm (fruit, pollen, animals, mold - pretty much anything!). I've had a few tests done since I was little. That way, you don't have to guess what you're allergic to... I don't think that you would have symptons 10 days later from something that you ate though.

When I eat something that doesn't agree with me I break out about 2-3 weeks later.

I think it varies from person to person or how serious your reaction is to whatever you are allergic to.

AdamDolce10 how do you know that you break out because that food? In 2-3 weeks can happen a lot of things. How are you so sure that you break out from a food?