Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
help3

Other factors that influence blackheads

Hi there

Just wanted to share my experience:

I use paula's choice 2% twice a day for the blackheads on my nose, and it works ok, still not completely sadisfied, but hey you can't have it al. They are way less then before so..

i've really noticed that a lot of factors are also important, like moisturizing and how long you wait before using stuff.

First, if you don't need to moisturize, then don't! Every time i use a moisturizer (even though it's non-com., I have Dans) my blackheads are very severe.

Whén you apply PC and moisturize is also important, if i wait to long with PC, my skin starts to produce oil wich means more blackheads.

This is what i do:

First of all I only use a moisturizer on my nose once a day, in the evening. I don't do the regimen there, so my nose won't be flacky in the morning. I use júst enough, don't use more than you need!

When I washed my face or took a shower, I wait till my nose is dry, and immediately apply PC. After that, still havn't found out how long is best to wait before applying the moisturizer, but I think like 15 min. This will give it time to absorb, and then you apply before your skin is getting dry.

If anyone had any succes with different methods or has feedback on this one, let me know!

Grtz

In my experience the main thing is not to let your skin dry too much. I use 2% PC also and if I apply too much (like, way more than the recommended "dime size" amount) skin flakes and blackheads ensue.

"Whén you apply PC and moisturize is also important, if i wait to long with PC, my skin starts to produce oil wich means more blackheads. "

I disagree with this because your skin is going to produce oil whether or not you moisturize or not. HOWEVER I believe the effect you are relating is true- because if you wait too long, your skin can dry out which i think causes clogged pores. (probably something to do with the skin being dehydrated)