Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok well I guess ill start out with my history, I had acne for years in high school, but sometime it wasn't a problem. End of junior year it began to get really bad, and I started trying different antibiotics but it never got better. After my derm had me try a few things he finally gave me accutane, I had an IB but I can't even remember if it was that bad. I loved the medicine, aside from dry skin/lips I had no negative side effects and it made my skin way less oily and 100% clear. I wanted to stay on it forever but after 6-7 month my derm took me off, I was worried it would just come right back but it didn't. After a few month I started to get oily again but I wasn't breaking out so it didn't bother me. About 9 month after getting off I broke out a bit but nothing serious, I started taking doxycyline for a few month, then tried minocycline. My skin wasn't bad, but it was persistant enough I started a second cycle of accutane. I am about 8 days into it and i'm breaking out with so many whiteheads(more than i've ever had since the first accutane cycle). :( It's weird too cuz they are all over my nose which isn't a spot I usually break out..anyways i'm going to keep a log this time hopefully because last time I got so clear I never even thought about acne. hope it goes as well this time cuz right now it really sucks

EDIT--- I am on 80mg a day, I weight 155. Last time I started with 40mg a day and then increased to 80mg a day. I thought it was strange that I started with a high dose considering my acne wasn't as bad this time but I trust my derm, I guess the high dose could be the cause for the bad IB.

week 1- skin was clear at the time, got much drier like expected

week 2- IB hitting hard

week 3- n/a

Ok well I guess ill start out with my history, I had acne for years in high school, but sometime it wasn't a problem. End of junior year it began to get really bad, and I started trying different antibiotics but it never got better. After my derm had me try a few things he finally gave me accutane, I had an IB but I can't even remember if it was that bad. I loved the medicine, aside from dry skin/lips I had no negative side effects and it made my skin way less oily and 100% clear. I wanted to stay on it forever but after 6-7 month my derm took me off, I was worried it would just come right back but it didn't. After a few month I started to get oily again but I wasn't breaking out so it didn't bother me. About 9 month after getting off I broke out a bit but nothing serious, I started taking doxycyline for a few month, then tried minocycline. My skin wasn't bad, but it was persistant enough I started a second cycle of accutane. I am about 8 days into it and i'm breaking out with so many whiteheads(more than i've ever had since the first accutane cycle). :( It's weird too cuz they are all over my nose which isn't a spot I usually break out..anyways i'm going to keep a log this time hopefully because last time I got so clear I never even thought about acne. hope it goes as well this time cuz right now it really sucks

EDIT--- I am on 80mg a day, I weight 155. Last time I started with 40mg a day and then increased to 80mg a day. I thought it was strange that I started with a high dose considering my acne wasn't as bad this time but I trust my derm, I guess the high dose could be the cause for the bad IB.

week 1- skin was clear at the time, got much drier like expected

week 2- IB hitting hard

week 3- n/a

Hate that it came back man, but at least it was gone for awhile.

I weigh the same as you and started at 40mg and just got bumped to 80mg and had another IB, so I know it blows. Whenever I had my first IB I broke it in places I never had acne before as well, so I guess it's just the medicine clearing everything out.

How long did it take on your first cycle for your skin to become completely clear???

Man I can't even remember, I think i remember that it got much better within a month or so but i think i still got an occasional cyst for a while after that.

I am like doubting myself for gettin back on it now, cuz it hasn't been this bad before i got back on it. I just remember how awesome it felt to wake up and KNOW that there wasn't gonna be a new one lol