Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chesam7

The Accutane Experience

Week 1

I took my first pill on June 23, 2009 :) . I am excited about the possible outcome that this medicine might bring! My derm prescibed me a low dose of 20mg to start because she said she wanted to start slow so I can adjust to the medicine. The week was uneventful, I did notice I am starting to break out on one side of my face. My lips are already chapped and it sucks! I am using vasoline and carmex constantly and using Cetaphil to prevent drying out.

Week 2

So, I dont know if it is the medicine that is making me sick to my stomach or what but I have been feeling pretty sick. My lips have definetly gotten nasty and dry. Not much drying of the skin though. My eyes are feeling kinda dry too.... I noticed that I have a cyst coming in on my chin :cry: and I got a huge painful one on my chest.

Hey there!

I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck... I'm glad that you haven't had a ridiculous amount side effects. Vaseline is a life saver, isn't it? (: I'm so sorry about your sickness! Are you taking the pill after a meal? If not, you should, because I was sick when I first started taking the 'tane because I wasn't eating it with a meal.

I also can relate with the dry eyes! Mine are like the Sahara right now. Do you wear contacts? I do, and I find that wearing them as little as possible really helps.

Well keep your head up! I'm sure the worst part is over. (:

I'll keep tabs on your log!

Hey there!

I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck... I'm glad that you haven't had a ridiculous amount side effects. Vaseline is a life saver, isn't it? (: I'm so sorry about your sickness! Are you taking the pill after a meal? If not, you should, because I was sick when I first started taking the 'tane because I wasn't eating it with a meal.

I also can relate with the dry eyes! Mine are like the Sahara right now. Do you wear contacts? I do, and I find that wearing them as little as possible really helps.

Well keep your head up! I'm sure the worst part is over. (:

I'll keep tabs on your log!

Hey, no thankfully I dont wear contacts! But I am using clear eyes tears eyedrops and they are good. I Have been taking it with a meal but I think I might just have a weak stomach. The Yaz doesnt help either, it makes me kinda sick also. My lips just keep getting worse and it doesnt help that I have braces because they just add to my dry lips. How long have you been taking accutane so far?

So I am starting my 3rd week today! I must say I am starting to notice a difference in my skin already! Some of my cysts I had are shrinking! I am noticing my red marks are getting lighter. I am excited. I am also thankful that IB didint hit me too hard. I feel like it hit my back and chest more than my face. My lips are really busted right now but I am trying to keep them constanly moistened with vasolene. I have been feeling really tired lately but the stomach aches have gone away! So far so good....