Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enraou

Water make you breakout?

If in my case, water is the culprit for my breakouts. What do I do about it?

I live in the country. And our water is pretty clean and I hardly ever get breakouts when I am there. The second I leave to go travel and get in the shower, I get bad breakouts.

When I get back home. They go away after a few days after using the water at home.

o.o This is really bad for me. I am going to Austin for college soon and I've been there before and their water kills my skin. Any suggestions for what I can do?

No acne medication has been able to help my skin after bad water has gotten to it.

I found water broke me out too. I switched to Oxy Sensitive wipes and it did me wonders. Get all the crap off w/o water. Good luck :)

You might be sensitive to the chlorine in municipal water. If you have your own shower, get a filter. But are you sure it's from bathing?

Your not switching soaps are you? I find that a lot of the weird soaps people can use when they go traveling can be irritating.

It can't be the soap.....at least I'm pretty sure it isn't. I use Dove Sensitive Face and Body Wash. And I take it wherever I go. It's the only thing I wash myself with. If the soap was bad then it would make me break out when I use it at home, which it doesn't. My face, for the most part, is perfectly clear at home.

And I don't see what else it could be. My face only flares up when city water gets on it.

And I heard about Shower filters. Can they only be attached at your own home or can you take them with you and put them on any shower head?

Thanks for the respones. ^^

It can't be the soap.....at least I'm pretty sure it isn't. I use Dove Sensitive Face and Body Wash. And I take it wherever I go. It's the only thing I wash myself with. If the soap was bad then it would make me break out when I use it at home, which it doesn't. My face, for the most part, is perfectly clear at home.

And I don't see what else it could be. My face only flares up when city water gets on it.

And I heard about Shower filters. Can they only be attached at your own home or can you take them with you and put them on any shower head?

Thanks for the respones. ^^

yes you can unscrew the shower filters and install it somewhere else.

by the way soap is really harsh to skinl,

So, do you guys think that there is a possible connection between water PRESSURE and breakouts? Because I recently went on a trip to visit relatives at this resort in North Carolina, and while I was there, my skin seemed to do very well. However, once I got back, my skin broke out just like always. Idk if it's just a climate thing or what, but the shower I used while I was there had a much stronger/heavier water pressure than my shower here. The shower I use here at home is so pathetically soft that it takes awhile to fully get my head wet.

Do you think that might be part of my problem? Hope this isn't too irrelevant.

You say: Water is the problem when you travel

I say: I have the same problem, but here are some things that can help:

1. When washing your face ANYWHERE, if you are going to use your hands, or a wash cloth to wet your face after to wash off soap, splash the water on, dont rub. Rubbing causes IRRATATION.

2. Make sure you use WARM WATER. COLD or HOT water causes IRRATATION.

3. Get a filter. Could be the floride in the water. This is WHY you should never use toothpaste to put on your blemishes because it contains floride. This causes IRRATATION.

Lastly: Check the WEATHER patterns. It may not be the water.

If your climate is usually warm, or usually cold, and you go somewhere where the weather is different compared to your old home, this could be a factor because your skin tries to adapt.

Conclusion: You have SENSITIVE SKIN. as well as acne breakouts.

Hopefully this helps:)

M

Little off topic but you must be going to University of Texas :)

Buy a filter for your water at college. Thats what i might end up doing!

Filtered water. period.

Get two filters. One for the shower and one for the kitchen for drinking water and get stainless steel water bottles so you can avoid plastic as much as possible. use glass at home.