Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay now i know i don't have the worse case of acne. Believe me I know. Back when I was 15 my entire forehead didn't have one spot where it wasn't covered in a lovely red pussy zit, thank god for bangs. So really I know this isn't the worse case. HOWEVER after being clear for a year this BITES. I thought I was done, damn proactiv and false hopes.

So now you can see I have little bumps on my upper lip, chin, and forhead (although you cant really see with forehead with camera) and couple inlfamed on forehead.

Now this past year sure I had these bumps on my chin and upper lip, but not like this. and my forehead was CLEAR ALL FLIPPIN YEAR. So this a shock for me.

Now I have begun and old habit of picking, which you can probably tell from the swollen red lump near my lip (CLUSTER OF BUMPS).

Are these bumps whiteheads? Or non0inflamed, i don't get the difference? Now they have been these past few months CLUMPING AND CLUSTERING RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER making bumps on my chin. Can these turn into cysts? My camera didn't pick up the few that look like they are UNDER my skin.

So I went to the derm and she prescribed Ziana to use at night after a gentle cleanser. My question is what should I use for the morning. Apparently I hear BP can't help with bumps, only inflamed (which I only get on my forehead really now). I've been using proactiv in the morning and the ziana at night for the past 3 days. So does anyone have suggestions? Is paulas choice any good?

I know these may not seem like a big deal to people. But I have had acne for five-six years now, and I am paranoid and a bit OCD I'll friggin admit it. Just need to know how anyone cured this type of acne. It just seems like it will never go away.

post-104333-1246634819_thumb.jpg

post-104333-1246634854_thumb.jpg

post-104333-1246634819_thumb.jpg

post-104333-1246634854_thumb.jpg

ok thank you, so it seems i have both non inflamatory and flammatory- mostly whiteheads, blackheads, which then become inflamed to pustles on my forehead.

so bp is useless against inflammatory acne? those flesh colored bumps are bothering me.

Oh my gosh, our skin problems are the EXACT same!!! My chin looks just like yours, but right now I have inflamed bumps...and just as you described, the whiteheads have "clumped" together in one area to form a monster red bump which, after over a week, has FINALLY broken down into single pus red bumps. My chin is a literal mess right now, I have one red inflamed spot in the center and then this cluster of four or five (two of which I managed to pop - yes, I did it the right way). Now my skin is peeling a bit from layering on the BP. Such a catch-22...the more BP, the faster it goes down...but my skin peels a bit and gets red. My forehead is also the same, I just have some red marks there now though. I am just using BP and AHA+ to keep it under control. =/

Oh my gosh, our skin problems are the EXACT same!!! My chin looks just like yours, but right now I have inflamed bumps...and just as you described, the whiteheads have "clumped" together in one area to form a monster red bump which, after over a week, has FINALLY broken down into single pus red bumps. My chin is a literal mess right now, I have one red inflamed spot in the center and then this cluster of four or five (two of which I managed to pop - yes, I did it the right way). Now my skin is peeling a bit from layering on the BP. Such a catch-22...the more BP, the faster it goes down...but my skin peels a bit and gets red. My forehead is also the same, I just have some red marks there now though. I am just using BP and AHA+ to keep it under control. =/

UGH it's annoying as hell! esp the clumps of whiteheads. i have that same probablem between my eyebrows too. im trying not to pick but this is getting difficult. let me know if you ever cure this mess :(

UGH it's annoying as hell! esp the clumps of whiteheads. i have that same probablem between my eyebrows too. im trying not to pick but this is getting difficult. let me know if you ever cure this mess :(

I need to recommend Dan's AHA+ and Dan's BP. I went through minimal purging with the AHA+ and I also believe that Dan's BP is why my chin "exploded" as three or four days later the red bumps began to form. I found this strange because I have used BP before but nevertheless stuck with it. FINALLY, I woke up this morning and everything is almost flat (albeit a bit red and flaky) so my make-up should cover it well. My forehead also purged a little with Dan's BP but now I just have two or three TINY red marks - the AHA+ will solve that problem quickly. For awhile there I thought that my forehead was going to become my new acne zone as it kept breaking out, but changing my shampoo and conditioner (not to mention my new regimen) has me confident that save for a pimple here or there I should no longer experience any break outs. [i should explain that as bad as the acne gets, chin is #1, forehead #2; the rest of my face NEVER sees a spot.]

*AHA+ and BP work slightly different for everyone. For example, I don't believe that AHA+ makes my active acne go away faster, I really think it's the BP that does this. To me, AHA+ is just a bonus.

Anyway, the AHA+ has really destroyed those little white bumps on my chin. Try this, if you pull back your lower lip towards your teeth and stretch the skin, in the center of your chin (well, on my chin) are little white bumps. If I do not do this, you can hardly see the bumps. So those bumps (which look like the ones in your picture) are almost gone. The other bumps - which I WOULD call whiteheads - have either come so close to the surface I could pop them, the result being a sebum plug, OR have become inflamed. I have come to the conclusion that the ONLY way to eliminate break-outs on my chin is to get rid of the white bumps. Whenever my chin gets inflamed, it's not a brand new spot out of the blue but rather one of the whiteheads puffing up.

I also know EXACTLY what you are talking about when you mentioned bumps UNDER your chin, cyst-like but NOT a cyst. Usually, for me, these are just the whiteheads bleeding into each other and eventually - maybe after 2 or 3 weeks - it comes up to form an inflamed pustule. Now what I had on my chin (well I still have it but it's pretty much flat thank goodness) was the OPPOSITE of this. The whiteheads were not under my chin but formed an inflamed spot ABOVE my chin, but it's still the same idea because I had to wait over a week to see a bit of a head. With these spots, all you can do is (1) Ice it, it really helps and (2) BP BP and...BP.

Moisturizing is also important, ironically it helps dry up the spots. See, in order to eliminate my chin problems quicker (going to a party tonight) I lathered on the BP for the past two days. So yeah it seriously worked but my skin is a bit dry...so even though the spots are still a little bumpy, I just need to focus on moisturizing my skin rather than treating it. I might even skip my first application of BP in that area. So it's important to realize that if your spots are on their way out, focus more on the moisturizing than the treating.