Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gcvhlpt

BP Rubbing Off my face

Hello Everyone!

I've been using the regimen long enough to start using the 2 full pumps of BP. The only problem I'm having is it seems that my skin has not "soaked" it all up, because I will wait a full 20 or so minutes before putting on my moisturizer, and then whether I put a shirt on or have anything rub on my face, it just cakes up and becomes globby on my face. Any advise on how to be able to still use the full amount of BP without it clumping up and having embarrassing moments. For example, Someone told me I had a buger (spelling???) on my face and it turned out to be the BP clumping up again. It's not dry clumping, it literally feels like the BP is just rubbing off my face in wet clumps!

Thanks for any response!!! I'm desperate!

This used to happen to me - It was from applying the BP but not rubbing it in and spreading it enough, so it just dried out on the surface, and then could get scraped off into pieces.

Honestly, I would just go with however many 'pumps' suits you, seeing as everyone's faces are different, and rub the benzoyl peroxide around your face, evenly and relatively thinly, that should solve things for you.

Also though, makes sure you are using a good moisturizer.

Hi there - how long do you wait after washing your face before you put your BP on? Do you wait 5+ minutes after sink washing - before you put your BP?

I found that my skin wouldn't take the BP very well (sticky, take forever to dry) because I wasn't waiting (at all, actually) after I washed my face. I now wait about 5 minutes (or even more) until my face dries - then I put on the BP - and it's been wayyy better.

Dan actually has a video talking about why you wait 5-15 minutes after washing. He says your skin becomes like a "sponge" once dry - and soaks that BP right up?

Not sure if this would then help in the application of your moisturizer - to keep it from balling up? I'd try waiting 10 minutes after washing, put BP on - then wait another 10 (or 20 if that's what you've been doing) and then apply your moisturizer.

You might try applying one pump all over your face, and when that is almost absorbed but not completely, then apply the remaining BP.

You also might be able to stay clear with less than 2 pumps, which is more BP than is needed for most mild-moderate inflamed acne cases, IMO. I have moderate inflamed acne and my skin stays clear with about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pumps of BP twice a day.

You might try applying one pump all over your face, and when that is almost absorbed but not completely, then apply the remaining BP.

You also might be able to stay clear with less than 2 pumps, which is more BP than is needed for most mild-moderate inflamed acne cases, IMO. I have moderate inflamed acne and my skin stays clear with about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pumps of BP twice a day.

Thanks! I'll try that....And for the previous question, I always wait at least 10 to 20 minutes between each regimen step.