Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aLeX XeLa

Olay Foaming Face Wash

Is this a good cleanser people would recommend with oily sensitive skin? Also is it ph balanced which is pretty important?

Lastly are all ingredients non irritating even though it says its for sensitive skin (you know, like most of them say)?

okay, well i use it, and it really doesnt do anything at all, for the worse or for the better. I guess it does make skin more mositurized, but that only lasts for an hour or so.

oh and it doesnt irritate skin at all, which is good

i got the one for sensitive skin, the first week was good left face clean, but after that it broke me out i guess my skin doesnt take kindly to the pore clogging ingredients they have (Sodium, Laureth Sulfate) which is one of the major pore clogging ingredients. Glycerin too but not as much. i take back my 4 star rating to 1 star.

I am using olay foaming wash for sensitive skin for about a month now, and i feel that it leaves a film on my skin. i don't know if it is the glycerin in the product or what. it does clean my face, but i don't feel that it does anything for my flaky skin. after i use it my skin feels dry. i am going to stop using it and start using Purpose again, or I might try the Neutragena gentle wash, or i want to try that new 360 wash that comes with a scrubblet. I mean the Olay wash isn't a bad product, but after using it for a while I feel that it doesn't leave my face squeaky clean, since it leaves a thin film on my skin.

I completely love this cleanser! I just use the plain one (not the sensitive skin version) and it works perfectly for my skin. Since starting Differin my skin has been a little out of wack and even things that I could use before, I now can't. I was washing and moisturizing with Cetaphil but it was actually burning the drier parts of my face, to the point where it was quite uncomfortable.

But with this cleanser I can get all my makeup off without using another product, it's cheap, has a non-leaking pump, and more importantly it's really helping my skin! I kinda like that smooth glycerin film it leaves...I'm not having to rush to put my moisturizer on before my skin dries and flakes up.

I wish Olay would advertise more for their 'classic' products because I really think they have some amazing things in that line. They now solely focus on their Total Effects and Regenerist, or Definitely lines but the classic are where it's at in my opinion. This and the Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion are my holy grails!