Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zrbx

Anti-Virals before laser treatment ?

just wondering..

Everyone here took antivirals before laser treatment?

my doc said i don't need it. I never had a cold sore..

but i readed somewhere that even if you don't had it.. you might have after the procedure (80% of population is positive to herpes)

I'm thinking of taking antivirals even if my doc said i dont need it.

thanks! :think:

just wondering..

Everyone here took antivirals before laser treatment?

my doc said i don't need it. I never had a cold sore..

but i readed somewhere that even if you don't had it.. you might have after the procedure (80% of population is positive to herpes)

I'm thinking of taking antivirals even if my doc said i dont need it.

thanks! :think:

hi, i did total fx and full face co2 resurfacing. all times, they gave me antivirals. i don't have herpes or cold sores or anything like that either. they just gave it to me as a precaution. actually, i'm kinda surprised that your doc doesn't give them to you just to be safe. i mean, your skin will be compromised for a bit, so you wanna keep it secure from potential agents. but then again, unless he provides you with the antivirals, they might be expensive. the money factor is the only reason why i'd see the doctor not writing you a prescription for them. if i were you and could get access, you might as well take one. taking one won't HURT you. but then again, if you can't find it, it's probly not a big deal.

Yeah. They kindda expensive :(. But I can afford it

Here in Brazil MOST of medications don't need prescription to buy. Only antidepressants, opioids, isotretinoin,etc. It's a mess.

Pharmacys just sell barely everything. :whistle:

So, I'm buying doxycycline and acyclovir on my own.

I would definitely go on ant-virals. I have been breaking out in cold sores and cysts around my mouth since my 3rd Fraxel treatment 6 weeks ago. I have been researching and they are supposed to prescribe you Valtrex and doxycycline one day before your first treatment. Wish I had known that. I am still suffering.

Even if you don't have a history of cold sores, it's better to take preventative measures. Lasers like Fraxel traumatize the skin (that's essentially how it works to restore collagen) and can stimulate anything lingering under your skin and bring it to the surface, kind of like Retin-A. Good luck on your treatment!