Notifications
Clear all

Yaz vs. Spironolactone

MemberMember
(@jess9)

Posted : 07/02/2009 12:16 pm

hi all,

has anyone switched off spiro and onto yaz? what were your results?

thanks,

jess

MemberMember
(@dizzyblonde)

Posted : 07/04/2009 6:43 am

Jess

Have switched from spiro to Yasmin. Took spiron for 3 months to great effect but couldn't tolerate side effects. Had 2 weeks with nothing and am now 1 week into Yasmin. Have had some small spots but nothing to worry about. I am hopeful.

Good luck

dizzyblonde

MemberMember
(@greeneyesgirl)

Posted : 07/04/2009 3:58 pm

Jess

Have switched from spiro to Yasmin. Took spiron for 3 months to great effect but couldn't tolerate side effects. Had 2 weeks with nothing and am now 1 week into Yasmin. Have had some small spots but nothing to worry about. I am hopeful.

Good luck

dizzyblonde

I'm just about 2 months into Yasmin, taking the white pill tonight and it's been 50/50 for me so far. It's bringing up my older whiteheads making them into hurtful pimples and it's giving me small ones as well, but the smaller ones go away faster. I'm very impatient when it comes to my skin, so I'm just waiting and waiting for when it'll get better. Still making me break out somewhat bad before my period. I hope this improves!

MemberMember
(@kkkkkaren)

Posted : 03/21/2019 9:47 pm

On 7/2/2009 at 10:16 AM, Jess9 said:

hi all,

has anyone switched off spiro and onto yaz? what were your results?

thanks,

jess

Spiro literally did nothing for me and I was taking 150 mg and it messed my periods SO bad ( every two weeks with monthly ovarian cysts ) I took yaz and spiro for 3 months together and I felt like shit and bled the entire 3 months ... I now just take yaz for 6 months and I get no period but my skin is terrible and I feel depressed and fat . Im going to try Yasmin as in the past it worked well . The higher estrogen neutralizes the testosterone ! Side note - I took yaz back to back to keep my skin clear and to get my iron back up .