Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John-

Sorry, I just need to go off

Is it me or do people really look at acne like its the end of the world? And for me today is probably one of the worst days I've had breakout wise on accutane. i got noticable pimples and i got a banger on saturday to go to. so im pissed bout that. but i just get the vibe that people dont ever wanna look at the finish line..what they'll look like when its all said and done. ive been on accutane for about a month and a 1/3..and i honestly take it one day at a time and when im down i look at 2 months from now what ill look like. i know everyone is diferent and all..im not sayin people cant feel down and all..but ive honestly read SO many posts and ive noticed the same trend overtime how its the whole"why me" story. yeah it sucks, but it piss me off is the people that reply condone the depressin feelin and all and they go right to there personal story. once again sorry, i dont wanna come off like a complete ass or anything, but it really does piss me off that people can get so down on themselves by acne, just put yourself in someone else's shoes for one day. are you poor, do you have a life threatening disease, are you mentally handicaped..whatever it maybe..there are SO many worse scenarios I could put myself in than the one im in now. I'm thankful I have acne compared to other shit. maybe im just a fucked up person

I agree with you 100% on this John... Some people are born with untreatable disorders, some people have untreatable life threatening diseases wether it be cancer or aids...My uncle for example is fighting colon cancer right now and he is only 38...So it's a shame really, how folk can question why god chose them to suffer... I mean yes acne is stressful and can be a selfesteem killer, but nobody has ever died from acne, so a lot of people that whine over a few or even more then a few bumps really need to chill out and realize how bad other people have it, that are fighting for their life or struggling to support their family... Don't know if I'm making much sense, it's late and I'm writing this on my phone, but yaw John good point.

It's all fair and well to say "well at least you're not dying" or whatever, but that doesn't really improve how someone feels about their acne. Everyone deals with acne in different ways. Some can accept it, others can't and some are inbetween. If you don't want to read people's posts about feeling down then don't read them?

it should help someones thoughts...some people are just content with bein in a miserable mood i think. i posted a website with celebrities with acne, thinkin it might help people think "hey its not just me that goes through it..these celebs do as well"..but no the first response was about how there acne wasnt the same as theres. i look at the posts to try and help but when im the only one that isnt pattin them on the back sayin everything will ok when you talk about depressin thoughts its a lost battle when i speak my mind. If you read my thing through you would've noticed i summed it up what you said in regards that some people take acne diferently. i guess i shouldnt post about tryin to look at the bright side of things?

I dunno, people who are posting about how bad they feel about their acne are obviously quite sensitive and will take any negative comment badly. I don't think you are the first person to tell them to look on the bright side. Sometimes all someone wants to hear it "I know how you feel".

You know, a lot of time s people will say "Well, look at all the starving children, the people with cancer, the homeless...... etc" and sometimes I understand the point...... but other times hearing it said makes me ANGRY! See...... we all have problems, and it's simply unrealistic to think that every single person who has a "less severe" problem is automatically going to feel better once they think of those who are worse off than them. Actually, I would go as far as to say that that's not a healthy way of thinking, because it trivializes a lot of people's concerns and makes people feel guilty for feeling a certain way. I'm glad you're doing well for yourself, that's great! But it's gonna take some time for some of us on here.

I see this both ways, John.

I know that when I had the negative outlook I had, I compared it to threatening diseases and being homeless, and to me, in my eyes, acne was right up there with them. That probably sounds ridiculous, but it DID feel like the end of the world. Feeling like I didn't fit in or belong anywhere, shunned and left out - missing something like all the homeless and diseased. I felt close to them and felt sympathy for them.

But then the most amazing thing happened to me and I feel the way you do right now. I don't worry about my acne at all anymore, if anything I look in the mirror and shrug it off. It may seem like a big deal to others but it doesn't to me anymore, but I know how those other people feel with this mental state. So, you have acne. BIG DEAL. At least you aren't dead. Some day, these people will learn to appreciate things in life. Maybe not until something bad happens, unfortunately, but that's most likely the case. Acne is weird like that. It can affect who you are in every way possible.

It's something we have to learn to deal with. In some cases it clears, and in some it doesn't or takes a lot of time. But yeah. It's life.

i dont know maybe its just me bein dif, i dont know i cant comment on how someone else thinks cause i can only comment from my point of view. and its completly dif when your in someone else's shoe yeah, but what I don't get is when you read some of these people's posts and its over a period of time where you see is more than "just having a bad day" rant, its more of a depressing feeling, i don't like how people then say i know how you feel. i could be COMPLETLY wrong. and yeah kimothy your only furthering my point, cause if you honestly can compare yourself on the same level as one of those things you just mentioned your mind isnt in the right state of condition(and i mean that in the most sincere way).

i honestly prob. come off really strong, but i dont beat around the bush.. i also like hearin other points of view. maybe just were im from makin it past the age of 21 is considered a miracle and acne is great compared to other things i have

I know that when I had the negative outlook I had, I compared it to threatening diseases and being homeless, and to me, in my eyes, acne was right up there with them.

u wuldnt say that if u were homeless or had aids...stfu

There is a way of looking at life called "keeping things in perspective." This simply means "making yourself feel better by comparing the things that are happening to you right now against other things that have happened at a different time, or to different people." For instance, if you were upset about an ugly pimple on the end of your nose, you might try to feel better by keeping your pimple in perspective. You might compare your pimple situation to that of someone who was being eaten by a bear, and when you looked in the mirror at your ugly pimple, you could say to yourself, "Well, at least I'm not being eaten by a bear."

You can see at once why keeping things in perspective rarely works very well, because it is hard to concentrate on somebody else being eaten by a bear when you are staring at your own ugly pimple. So it was with the Baudelaire orphans in the days that followed. In the morning, when the children joined Aunt Josephine for a breakfast of orange juice and untoasted bread, Violet thought to herself, "Well, at least we're not being forced to cook for Count Olaf's disgusting theater troupe." In the afternoon, when Aunt Josephine would take them to the library and teach them all about grammar, Klaus thought to himself, "Well, at least Count Olaf isn't about to whisk us away to Peru." And in the evening, when the children joined Aunt Josephine for a dinner of orange juice and untoasted bread, Sunny thought to herself, "Zax!" which meant something along the lines of, "Well, at least there isn't a sign of Count Olaf anywhere."

But no matter how much the three siblings compared their life with Aunt Josephine to the miserable things that had happened to them before, they couldn't help but be dissatisfied with their circumstances. In her free time, Violet would dismantle the gears and switches from the model train set, hoping to invent something that could prepare hot food without frightening Aunt Josephine, but she couldn't help wishing that Aunt Josephine would simply turn on the stove. Klaus would sit in the one of the chairs in the library with his feet on a footstool, reading about grammar until the sun went down, but when he looked out at the gloomy lake he couldn't help wishing that they were still living with Uncle Monty and all of his reptiles. And Sunny would take time out from her schedule and bite the head of Pretty Penny, but she couldn't help wishing that their parents were still alive and that she and her siblings were safe and sound in the Baudelaire home. (Lemony Snicket, The Wide Window, pp. 37-40)

It's good to care about your facial condition, but caring too much about it is a good indicator of self-centeredness.

"My acne is causing my life to be miserable, it is the only thing that matters in my life (or in other words my physical appearance is more important then anything else)"

People have a naive idea that acne puts them a notch below everyone else, when the truth is everyone struggles with deficiencies and issues. If it is not acne it might be excessive anxiety, obesity, anger-management issues, ugliness, mental disorders, emotional instabilities, etc. The fact that you have acne does not mean you have more problems than everyone else

Be thankful for all the "positives" in your life, and then learn how to cope and deal with the "negatives". Entering in despair never works.

Guest missyjean130

Sure you could have it worse, but you're not dealing with a missing limb,or anything else that's worse than acne.YOU'RE dealing with acne,and even though some will say you could have it worse, you still have to live with acne for however long it will last.

Some people with acne are left with deep pitting scars after it's gone too. Skin is the largest organ on your body,you can't hide your face. If you have tons of red lumps on it, or perhaps craters...it's going to make people feel like crap,and nobody has the right to say it shouldn't make them feel bad.

I don't want people to stress over it too much either,but it's going to happen.

I know that when I had the negative outlook I had, I compared it to threatening diseases and being homeless, and to me, in my eyes, acne was right up there with them.

u wuldnt say that if u were homeless or had aids...stfu

Excuse me? No need to be rude. That was my opinion at the time, and it seemed worse than it was to me. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Is it me or do people really look at acne like its the end of the world? And for me today is probably one of the worst days I've had breakout wise on accutane. i got noticable pimples and i got a banger on saturday to go to. so im pissed bout that. but i just get the vibe that people dont ever wanna look at the finish line..what they'll look like when its all said and done. ive been on accutane for about a month and a 1/3..and i honestly take it one day at a time and when im down i look at 2 months from now what ill look like. i know everyone is diferent and all..im not sayin people cant feel down and all..but ive honestly read SO many posts and ive noticed the same trend overtime how its the whole"why me" story. yeah it sucks, but it piss me off is the people that reply condone the depressin feelin and all and they go right to there personal story. once again sorry, i dont wanna come off like a complete ass or anything, but it really does piss me off that people can get so down on themselves by acne, just put yourself in someone else's shoes for one day. are you poor, do you have a life threatening disease, are you mentally handicaped..whatever it maybe..there are SO many worse scenarios I could put myself in than the one im in now. I'm thankful I have acne compared to other shit. maybe im just a fucked up person

Interesting point. Not that I'm having a go or anything, but you said that people have a lack of perspective on the issue (which is true to an extent) but aren't you by the same definition lacking the bigger picture. I can't imagine you know every person on here so such a general statement although well intended is not very infomed. I mean, there can be a whole list of underlying causes for self-esteem issues, depression and what have you. Acne could be only one of them, or the catalyst from many.

Just because you are ok with your acne doesnt give you the right to tell others how to cope with their own acne. Correct me if im wrong but i thought these message boards were a place for people to tell their personal stories about acne and to get some sympathy from others who know what your going through. You make it sound so easy just to be glad that we all have acne and not some other serious condition, but its really not. Depression is a serious problem that is hard to cope with.

It's not as simple as not complaining. Yes, acne is not the end of the world. But acne is a more complicated disease than you suggest. The nutritional deficiencies (selenium,chromium, zinc) associated with acne are the same ones found in patients that sufferer with mental disorders. This suggests that there is a underlying chemical imbalance in acne sufferers that extends beyond the physical manifestation of lesions. It also encroaches into their mental world. Few people choose sadness over happiness; pessimism over optimism. The body often does more talking than the mind. You give the idea of "free will" too much credit.

I do get a little frustrated with people sometimes. When I see people posting about never leaving the house, or canceling plans with friends or significant others to the point where it starts to erode the relationship I just want to shake them and go "Why?!" Why give acne that much power over you? Why let it rule your life and make you miserable? It doesn't have to be that way! There are times I wish I could make people realize that you can have acne and still have a great life. But I try not to get worked up over it. I just hope that they get it someday.

tony..if you read my thing clearly im not tellin anyone anything. and who are you to come off at my opinon. i respect your's. yeah depression is a VERY serious thing, im not sayin it isnt. but ig you read someones posts and overtime you see the same "i cant lvie with myself, i hate myself, i wanna die" attitude..would you keep sayin aww dont think like that, or would you kind of start to snap a bit. if your depressed I honestly feel this is the last place you should be. you should be at a doctors office seeking professional assistance. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no one is wrong, its just how you view it.

and tony, honestly i dont make it seem easy at all..i just wake up every morning, go to work, workout, and go home...theres nothin crazy about my personality at all. again, if you read my post i said i have my bad days as well, i just try and look at the bright side.