Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I have been on Differin and for about 10 years now and different antibiotics (last one was Doxy) and lately added Finacea, I still am not sure it does anything at all for me.

About two months ago my face really broke out due to stress and changing my birth control pill. I asked doc about spiro...he wants to try something else first.

He prescribed Retin-A every other day then increase to once a day along with Clindamycin pads for my face and back twice a day. He said stay on my same BCP which is Zovia 1/35.

My question (it's actually more of a request) is...

Those of you who have moved on to Retin A from Differin gel...did you have an IB? If so, were the bumps different from your 'normal' acne? I am so scared to change. Also, should I "wean" myself off of the differin or just jump right in with the Retin A? He says once every other day at first then increase as tolerable...

Thanks for being there...~Tara

im not sure what you are sayin. every other day your alternating differin with retin-a? sorry its real late haha. but i actualyl started differin and went to retin-a, and it worked well for me at first then stalled..im on accutane now.

im not sure what you are sayin. every other day your alternating differin with retin-a? sorry its real late haha. but i actualyl started differin and went to retin-a, and it worked well for me at first then stalled..im on accutane now.

Hey John,

yea, long story short switched from Differin gel to Retin A cream. I was curious if people experienced an initial breakout or not, and was terrified to switch as I had just gotten a terrible breakout under control with antibiotics. I am trying to heal the red marks and get things back under control.

For anyone else's reference though...switching for me was no big deal, no IB (am on pretty stong dose of amoxy) and I actually jumped straight into using it every night even though the Dr. sd start slow. I just felt that my skin was ready for it because of the differin gel. I have experienced some minor flaking around my mouth, so I am being more careful to avoid that area.

I am hoping this will work fo me for some time. I am afraid to try accutane.

i actually just switched from differin .03 to retin a micro .01% with clindamycin solution. i've been on the retin-a for a month now, and things are going JUST the way i had hoped :) i had a VERY short and subtle initial outbreak during the beginning of my 3rd week. it wasn't anything that i hadnt experienced before. the outbreak cleared up pretty quickly and after that, i've been pretty much clear ever since. i have a pretty detailed log about my progress that you could check out if you want to know my exact initial outbreak period.... it's at:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=238407

whoops!! just realized that you actually did read my log, and i even commented back to you... haha, sorry, wasn't paying attention. anyway, i think you should be fine, maybe a small initial outbreak, but nothing extreme. good luck :)