Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have asked questions about this product before, but the reports always seem so conflicting.

Some say it is sticky and takes forever to dry.

Some say it makes them look greasy.

Others say it still balls up and comes off throughout the day or night.

I was going to make my own 10% Lactic Acid topical but stumbled across AHA+ again and started reading reveiws on it. And now am thinking about buying it again.

Can some of you clear this up. Money is tight right now and I cant afford to really blow about $30.00 for this product and not really like it. Wish there were samples.

Are you outside the US? Because I only paid $20 and some cents for the AHA ($16 + $4 shipping).

Some say it is sticky and takes forever to dry.

- It is sticky at first but then you feel the "tightness" and slight stinging and that is when you know it's getting to work. I don't think it takes forever to dry. After I put it on I watch some TV or do some stuff before bed like lay out my clothes for the next day, and after 5 minutes or so my skin feels normal.

Some say it makes them look greasy.

It is very liquid-y and yes it makes you look a tad greasy but once it dries i don't look greasy anymore. Again since I only use it at night time so it's not a big deal.

Others say it still balls up and comes off throughout the day or night.

i think this is because it is an exfoliant and it works by removing the dead skin cells on the top layer of the skin, and brings the new cells to the surface. I did experience this by absentmindedly rubbing below my jaw and I saw some skin flakes come off. Which I'm glad to see because that means it's working. If you are bothered by flakiness maybe you shouldn't wear this during the day.

Well first, what others experience may not be what you'll experience. Each person's skin is different, some are oily, dry, moderate acne, severe acne, etc. etc. As for myself, when I FIRST started it, yes it did balled up, and when I woke up, I'd see bits of balled up yellow thing on my pillow...I just assumed that was partially the AHA & my dead skin. For me, it balls up more when I haven't used it in a while (2 months or so).

Also, DK's website said that he made the viscosity of AHA thinner. I actually have the "old" and the new version of AHA, and the new one is a lot more liquid-like, goes on almost like lotion, and it doesn't ball up at all.

As far as how long it takes to dry...I usually put it on before I go to sleep, so I don't necessarily sit there and wait for it. However, when I do put it on in the morning, it takes a while...maybe an hour or 2? Again, I don't time myself.

Will it make you look greasy? Yes it will. It looks as if I have oil on my face for half the day.

Bottom line is, if you don't want to deal with most of the mentioned "problems", just put it on before you go to sleep.

Yea, use it at night. It does make my skin look a little greasy, and it does ball up a little. But who cares while you're sleeping ? :)

Yea, use it at night. It does make my skin look a little greasy, and it does ball up a little. But who cares while you're sleeping ? :)

Your pillow!

thanks for that guys.

And yes I am not from the US, hence the 30.00 cost :)

I've been using AHA for nearly a month, it's does not have an adhesive property AFAIK. Regarding the grease factor, maybe for a bit, but once it's absorb fully, there's no shine or anything. I haven't had any problems w/ "balling up". I heard it can happen if you don't let BP dry fully, and apply the AHA prematurely.