Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hiya

My derm put me on differin today and tetralysal. I was just wondering if anyone has had results with these treatments cause ive never been on them before.

cheers

I am going to move this to the appropriate forum.

I have used Differin .1% for about a year now. It took about 20 weeks (yes, quite a while!) to show results for me. I didn't have a HUGE initial breakout, but I did have a small one. Honestly, I still have acne, and while I think that is due to several factors, Differin has only shown small improvements. I am actually asking for a different topical when I go to my derm next.

I don't want to discourage you though. This was only my experience, and I know many others have had success with Differin. I encourage you to look around and see what others have said about this product.

Thanks for your views on it. Ya just started using it .. so ill see how i get on anyways.

Having tried alot of topicals in the past for acne with mimimal results, ive prepared meself for it not to work but hoping for the best... so its gd to hear other ppls experiences on differin, good or bad.

My sister has been on differin for a little over a year now, and it has worked great for her! There was an initial break out at first, and it might take a few months to truly start seeing results.

Hello,

I am currently on Differin 0.3%. My esthetician prescribed it for me to use it with Obagi CLenziderm also with Clindasol. I am starting to see results but I am also getting initial breakouts, I don;t know if it' from differin, I suspect the clindasol cream.

I took differin from this past october to feb.. and it worked decently at first, then kind of stalled so my opinion is a little sour. but my real good friend, she been usin it for a yr and its done wonders for her. everyone is dif, keep me posted

I used Differin for about a year while taking tetracycline. My acne did improve a little with differin and my skin wasn't as inflamed. However, it does take a few months before you see the results and can also make ur face quite dry and sore so you have to be careful and apply plenty of moisturiser. I switched from the gel to the cream which was a lot gentler but just as effective. I'm no longer using Differin as it seemed to get less and less effective with time.