Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
progressupdate

Profractional Treatment 5 hours later

Hi everyone I'm very new to the site and I noticed that there aren't many information and pictures results for profractional treatments so I guess I can help by sharing my own experiences and helping people get a peace of mind when considering something major.

So far......

Well I paid 3k$ for a packaged 3 treatments, My advice that be prepared to take Tylenol and NOT aspirin because aspirin is blood thickening so nooooo aspirin even if you think its a good idea, Valium also helps because it relaxes you tremendously

Preparing...

They put numbing cream on my face and also injected me at least 10+ shots on my face to numb the inside bec my first treatment is and very deep and the images are quite grotesque as will be posted.

YOUR MENTALITY IS A HUGE HELP that's what I can say, I came and I knew what I wanted and I kept my eye on the priority I was more preparing and finding my inner voice and reminding myself why I wanted to get through it is how I prepared my attitude, a scared mind will only deteriorate and will make the body react strongly negative to anything, as that being said, since I came in very at peace with myself nothing of the day was ever traumatic, you only struggle more when you are scared I think. And that's how I got through injections in my face and the laser procedure itself. It wasn't even painful

Procedure....

Was funny because yes it hurts but nothing intolerable, its something bearable I think if we imagine its not a laser stabbing your skin, the intensity of pain is really about how you see the perspective of what's causing it. I was actually thinking its like me poking myself without puncturing anything with a needle, painful but not excruciating, it was funny at times really because I felt more tickled than pain, but it comes with the attitude if you are not tensed your body will not overreact to anything it comes in contact with

After treatment...

The burning is what you feel instantly, that's probably what you have to endure a lot, I thought I did ok and when I looked at the mirror WOW I was horrible and bleeding! but it never felt like I took so much so just remember it goes to show that inner peace in your inside goes a long way.

Here's the pic :

post-106642-1246424542_thumb.jpgpost-106642-1246424590_thumb.jpg

post-106642-1246424496_thumb.jpg

My doctor advised me not to wash my face until tomorrow morning so yes it looks very gruesome and you guys might be wondering how I stay positive, I hope I can help anybody here in some ways by sharing my experiences, those are blood lol, I look like a zombie I know, but I'm not whining and moaning in bed lol it may look horrible but I feel fine lol

post-106642-1246424496_thumb.jpg

post-106642-1246424542_thumb.jpg

post-106642-1246424590_thumb.jpg

ok day 3 and now its getting there, nnot better but good, redness and itchiness omg, swelling, looks like I'm an inflated baloon, the worst days would have to be the 1st and second day when you just get frustrated with your face, erm on my chin I broke out a lot! too much of those white things coming out, not the pimple themselves, but just the white things, horrible, I hate it, its the worse of thing i have to deal with

please.

post pics, tell me if you have side effects, etc

I'm thinking of doing ablative erbium laser, just like profractional (Palomar 2940nm), but i'm so affraid of it :{

just had my second laser treatment....as far as breaking out is concern, because I know you're scared of that, no damages done to me, not even scarring because its just the white puss, but they do tend to breakout in numbers which is gross lol, I'm gonna extract a picture from my phone before my 2nd procedure soon

Your face looks just like mine each time I get this done! I had 2 of 3 treatments so far. My 3rd is scheduled in 3 weeks. I hate how the face can look so bad after that! It took me a full 6 days to get rid of that "road rash" look.

Good luck!

Your face looks just like mine each time I get this done! I had 2 of 3 treatments so far. My 3rd is scheduled in 3 weeks. I hate how the face can look so bad after that! It took me a full 6 days to get rid of that "road rash" look.

Good luck!

Well, I just had my 6th, yes 6th, Profractional treatment last week. I am now done with this procedure. It hasn't worked, and it never will. Now I have worse melasma on my forehead than before I started with all this initially.

Oh, I'm so sad this didn't work for you :( What type of scarring did/do you have? This didn't help at all? Have you considered asking for a refund?