Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dont ever give up on yourself.

Here are some good things to keep you motivated and keep pushing. we used to use these while workin out. They pretty much work for everything

"Belief Triggers the power to do" David Schwartz

"Being defeated is temporary but giving up is what makes it permanent"

"Having a negative thought is like sitting in a rocking chair, it'll occupy your time but you won't get anywhere" David York

"Its not so much how tall you are or how heavy you are, it's really all inside. its how much you want it" 5'10" linebacker Sam Mills

"The mind is the Limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it as long as you really believe 100%" Arnold Schwarzenegger, My favorite one by the way

"There are plenty of obstacles in your path, dont allow yourself to become one of them"

"You have to do what others wont to achieve what others dont"

"Make the most of you, for that is all there is of you" Ralph Emerson

"Its about mind over matter, If you dont mind it dont matter"

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

Good quotes I liked all of them. But dont expect to much feedback, people here seem to prefer pitying themselves and one another then to listen to words of wisdom. Topics like " so and so said something about my face!", tend to stay around longer then the topics like this one, that offer real help rather then sympathy.

Good quotes I liked all of them. But dont expect to much feedback, people here seem to prefer pitying themselves and one another then to listen to words of wisdom. Topics like " so and so said something about my face!", tend to stay around longer then the topics like this one, that offer real help rather then sympathy.

True, but this is not "real" help. Words of confidence and motivation yes. As we all know, words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words. But in the case of self-pity/empathy versus any words of confidence, self-pity/empathy speak louder on the internet and the org.

Thanks for sharing those words. It's nice to see wise men and women's thoughts and creations repeated throughout time. =)

I think this board is here for both sentiments. We do not encourage pity or in most cases a search for empathy (in my eyes) over encouragement and happiness. We encourage a healthyexpression of emotion. Whether that be good or bad.

True, but this is not "real" help. Words of confidence and motivation yes. As we all know, words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words. But in the case of self-pity/empathy versus any words of confidence, self-pity/empathy speak louder on the internet and the org.

I guess so. Its really all up to the person when they decide to stop all the obsessing over their skin. We all know that we have the choice to forget about our acne. Its as simple as saying, "F*** it, I got acne, whatever". But most people would rather spend every waking moment of their lives thinking about their skin (see rocking chair quote). I still think they should rename this forum to

"How acne has made my life miserable today, everyone come here and lets talk about it". There are helpful topics like I said, but they are usually at the bottom of the barrel.

I guess so. Its really all up to the person when they decide to stop all the obsessing over their skin. We all know that we have the choice to forget about our acne. Its as simple as saying, "F*** it, I got acne, whatever". But most people would rather spend every waking moment of their lives thinking about their skin (see rocking chair quote). I still think they should rename this forum to

"How acne has made my life miserable today, everyone come here and lets talk about it". There are helpful topics like I said, but they are usually at the bottom of the barrel.

Let's start a new post called, "So Now That You Have Acne, What Are You Going to Do Positively About It?"