Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessicauofw

Ortho Tri Cyclen VS Yasmin!!!!????!!!!!!?????

Ok so here's my dilema. I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclen for almost 3 years (3 years this Fall) and I've never had any problems with it. Cleared my skin, no spotting, great periods, etc.......it worked wonders. About 3 months ago I started breaking out and it hasn't really stopped......the funny thing is my skin is more dry than it was before which is weird cause it's summer time! I did recently get married and moved into a new home so maybe it's from stress too...???

Anyways........I'm thinking about switching to Yasmin..........I've heard dreadful things about YAZ so we'll cross that one off the list. What are people's experiences with Ortho or Yasmin? I think Yasmin is a lower dose hormone than Ortho...........I dunno..........I'm worried about switching!!!!

Thanx for any help/advice you can offer me!

Jess

I'm honestly in the same boat as you. Sorry I have no advice but I've been on Ortho tri-Cyclen for 7 years and always had mild acne but lately it's been the worst its ever been. I'm thinking of switching to Jasmin too but am really nervous. I tried Ortho tri cyclen lo once because I ran out of BCP and borrowed my sister's and had the worst mood swings which was awful.

I guess we can try it out together huh?

I'm honestly in the same boat as you. Sorry I have no advice but I've been on Ortho tri-Cyclen for 7 years and always had mild acne but lately it's been the worst its ever been. I'm thinking of switching to Jasmin too but am really nervous. I tried Ortho tri cyclen lo once because I ran out of BCP and borrowed my sister's and had the worst mood swings which was awful.

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm starting Yasmin at the beginning of September. I dunno why my face just started going crazy while on OTC...........I've never had problems with it before. I'm also getting other symptoms now though too.......chest pains, migraines, etc..........My fingers are crossed Yasmin and me get along well lol. Feel free to send me an email so we can chat and keep each other updated on how we're doing.......maybe that'll help calm my nerves knowing I'm not the only one out there making this switch lol. I hope it works well for you!!!!!!!!!! My name is Jessica by the way :)

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm starting Yasmin at the beginning of September. I dunno why my face just started going crazy while on OTC...........I've never had problems with it before. I'm also getting other symptoms now though too.......chest pains, migraines, etc..........My fingers are crossed Yasmin and me get along well lol. Feel free to send me an email so we can chat and keep each other updated on how we're doing.......maybe that'll help calm my nerves knowing I'm not the only one out there making this switch lol. I hope it works well for you!!!!!!!!!! My name is Jessica by the way :)

Yikes, sorry to hear this ladies. Jessica, I have the same problems that you're having, but with Yasmin. I was thinking of switching to Ortho, but I think I'm just going to try Spiro for a bit. Yasmin is making my digestive system a mess. It keeps giving me severe, severe stomach pains everyday, but my face has actually been ok. I still get hurtful large ones during my period and it doesn't help with my pms or periods. Not trying to scare you or anything, you sound like you're pretty set on switching. I wish the best of luck though! Maybe I shouldn't try Ortho. :doh: Like I said, I'm hoping to get Spiro asap.

Greeneyes............don't you sometimes wish we could've been born men lol, I think it would reduce SO many problems haha.

I was put on Ortho when I was 21 which is the first time I ever had break outs......it was bad too.......not too sure why it happened at 21 and not 16 but anyways..............it worked well up until 5 months ago.........and now it's nothing but hell........I'm not sure what's happened.......it might be too strong or not strong enough for my body now.........I'm thinking maybe too strong cuz of the chest pains, migraines, etc......not fun (you obviously know what I'm talking about - poor us) :(

Yasmin is a lower dose hormone (the estrogen levels are lower) and I've heard tons of good stuff about it for acne and what not...........The month of July wasn't too bad for me so I'm gonna see how August goes........if August is okay I might not switch, I really DON'T want to switch cuz my body doesn't react well to medications.........I'm also under an extensive amount of stress but I'm not sure about the link between stress and acne..........life is so complicated! lol

I would totally recommend OTC still.........I mean for almost 3 years it worked well for me..........I guess everyone reacts differently, it's like a trial and error process. I hope you have success with it! I'd also look into maybe Estrostep or Nuvaring.......I've good things about them as well :)