Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. Although I am completely clear now, I struggled with acne for a while. I credit my results to my own personal regiment that incorporates typical otc medications (salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide cleanser; salicylic acid liquid toner; benzoyl peroxide 10% gel; salicylic acid spot treatment; salicylic acid moisturizer. It took me a long time to learn how to perfectly balance the enormous amount of medication I was putting on my skin. Recently I've been incorporating acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), and I have nearly eliminated the occasional blemish, blackheads, and lingering redness. Although my skin looks really good, I spend an hour in the morning and at night applying my regiment. I find that allowing the skin to completely dry after each medication provides much better results, and crushing the aspiring and converting it to paste is also time consuming. After discovering this site recently, i've been inspired by it's unique approach to providing effective and inexpensive medication. My goal is to incorporate the chemicals in my current regiment, as well as others, into as few medications as possible. Hopefully I can get it down to 2-3. A combination salicylic acid and resorcinol cleanser, a combination benzoyl peroxide, acetylsalicylic acid, and hopefully a topical antibiotic and if able, I would like to incorporate a moisturizer into it. I would much prefer it if I could get my hands on some sort of gel base and pure forms of the chemicals I plan on using, so that I could construct my ideal medication. Is there a way to legally obtain Rx topical antibiotics without a prescription (I'm going to assume the answer is no, but I'm going to ask anyway. My goal is to use multiple different types of medications into one "super-medication", because I am really getting tired of overpaying for store bought supplies I suspect I can manufacture myself for less. I would really appreciate it if I could get some advice or feedback from you all. Especially from anyone who knows where I could locate my supplies (preferably online), or from anyone who attempted something similar to this.

P.S.- I plan on testing my medication on areas of my body that have thicker layers of skin and in smaller doses at first, and gradually increase quantity and location. So comments about my testing are most likely unnecessary unless you have something generally useful to add. When I am finished with it I will gladly post my results, ingredients, and recipe.

Thanks