Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zb13

Lose/Lose Situation???

So I've been reading about everything desperately to try and find a cure for my acne that is quite literally killing me emotionally it kills a piece of me everyday. I fear it will get to the point where I will just end my life because I can't deal with it anymore. I have severe acne/cysts massive under the skin deep cysts on my chin/jaw bone.

To start with I have tried every over counter the skin lotion, diet, product and even doctor/derm prescribed creams and anti-biotics. My diet is impeccable I eat perfectly I drink heaps of water I do intense cardio vascular training every day and I'm absolutely sick of the helplessness with acne It seems the only thing left is accutane, but from reading the posts on this forum at first I got hope from all the peoples testimonies and then I just got depressed reading the equal amount of people complaining with life long impending side effects that are debilitating and the worst thing is even knowing this I'm considering accutane because I honestly would probably rather not have the absolutely emotionally/mentally debilitating acne then the physical pain.

Basically at the end of the road here I've put up with acne all during high school and now in the years of my life that are meant to be the best but its holding me back from everything I want to do.Ive put a photo up just to show how bad it is I know some people have worst but mines still at a level that keeps me from having any self-esteem at all.

Thanks in advance and sorry for seeming pessimistic but I've gotten my hopes up so many times before I've become increasingly skeptical of everything related to acne and started to think its just an incurable POS.

post-101810-1246372794_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance.

post-101810-1246372794_thumb.jpg

You're skin doesn't look that bad to me.

I understand the pain you've gone through though.

I have had acne since 5th grade and I still suffer from it, and I'm in college now. It is hard, and I have used almost every product under the sun as well.

Have you considered accutane?

Can you explain what you mean by your impeccable diet? And even if it really is, you could still be eating something you have an intolerance to. The severe cystic acne I used to get on my jawline and neck turned out to be a reaction to a pretty healthy food.

What I mean by impeccable is I don't consume any processed sugar I only eat carbs/meat/vegetables and good carbs at that. How did you narrow it down to find out oranges caused your acne?

Thanks for the reply's.

What I mean by impeccable is I don't consume any processed sugar I only eat carbs/meat/vegetables and good carbs at that. How did you narrow it down to find out oranges caused your acne?

Thanks for the reply's.

She's insane. That's how.

Thanks for the reply's.

I did it through luck. I had a coworker who got cysts on her chin sometimes but otherwise had perfect skin so could see the connection. She came in one day announcing that she'd had a few big glasses of orange juice at family breakfasts and now she had several cysts on her chin. About the same time, I'd been eating an orange everyday for a snack and my skin was really bad. (and she watched me do it while obviously having this theory. I'm still mad about that.) It was January and oranges were in season so on sale. But a few months earlier, before orange season, my skin had been better and I was starting to consider dermabrasion.

Anyway, I quit eating oranges, tangerines, grapefruit and that cleared like 90% of my cysts. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I figured out that I also have to avoid key limes which are common here. They are far more acidic than other limes. I don't have any problem with lemons and 'regular' or Persian limes. Apparently few people are allergic to lemons. And then, my blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory diet changes reduced my oily skin and cleared me completely.

I've encountered quite a few others who've found that they have the same intolerance. But there are others that are more common. Dairy and gluten are probably number one since they are both common allergens and difficult for many people to digest.

What you have to do is either systematically avoid a food for at least 2 weeks to see if it helps, starting with the most common problematic foods. Or follow a very hypo allergenic diet for about a month then add foods back in. With dairy and gluten, you should avoid for over a month or two. Especially if you have IBS type symptoms. It can take time to recover.

Also, in addition to avoiding sugars in foods and drinks, you need to follow other blood sugar stabilizing habits like physical activity and never binge eating. And address digestion, stress, liver and adrenal function, sleep, etc. See the Good Things link in my signature for more.

Thanks for the reply's.

She's insane. That's how.

explanation?

Thanks for the reply's.

I did it through luck. I had a coworker who got cysts on her chin sometimes but otherwise had perfect skin so could see the connection. She came in one day announcing that she'd had a few big glasses of orange juice at family breakfasts and now she had several cysts on her chin. About the same time, I'd been eating an orange everyday for a snack and my skin was really bad. (and she watched me do it while obviously having this theory. I'm still mad about that.) It was January and oranges were in season so on sale. But a few months earlier, before orange season, my skin had been better and I was starting to consider dermabrasion.

Anyway, I quit eating oranges, tangerines, grapefruit and that cleared like 90% of my cysts. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I figured out that I also have to avoid key limes which are common here. They are far more acidic than other limes. I don't have any problem with lemons and 'regular' or Persian limes. Apparently few people are allergic to lemons. And then, my blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory diet changes reduced my oily skin and cleared me completely.

I've encountered quite a few others who've found that they have the same intolerance. But there are others that are more common. Dairy and gluten are probably number one since they are both common allergens and difficult for many people to digest.

What you have to do is either systematically avoid a food for at least 2 weeks to see if it helps, starting with the most common problematic foods. Or follow a very hypo allergenic diet for about a month then add foods back in.

Also, in addition to avoiding sugars in foods and drinks, you need to follow other blood sugar stabilizing habits like physical activity and never binge eating. And address digestion, stress, liver and adrenal function, sleep, etc. See the Good Things link in my signature for more.

U know what. I might want to omit orange from my diet n see where it goes. N once i clear up im gonna eat one or 2 n just wait n see. Good to know that u know what trigger ur cyst.

U know what. I might want to omit orange from my diet n see where it goes. N once i clear up im gonna eat one or 2 n just wait n see. Good to know that u know what trigger ur cyst.

Yeah, last Christmas I tried having a tangerine after not having one for many years. I really hoped that I could eat them. But no, I got cysts on my temples the next day.

That's why I think different citrus break me out in different places. I used to get them all along my hairline, jawline, neck and back. Although I got enough on my cheeks since that's where the scarring is. Anyway, while I was still having key limes in my water, they pretty much stuck to my neck, jaw and back. And other people have mentioned that a food causes them to breakout in a certain place. Like peanuts causing cysts between the eyebrows. I've seen a few people post that.

Good Luck!

Take Accutane, please trust me... The reason you hear more failed stories from Accutane and less success stories is because well, think about it... If someone gets clear from Accutane they have no reason to come back to Acne.org, people who went on Accutane and had a bad experience will still be here.

Please trust me, I had severe acne my derm even said it was quite bad. I went on Accutane and now I just get an occasional spot which goes away in a day or 2, I'm still at Acne.org because I have redmarks and I love the community, and I want to help people.

Just think about it logically, you're obviously going to hear all the Accutane horror stories, which are really not all that many in comparison to all the success stories which you just don't hear about.

Best of luck to you, I recommend Accutane.