Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vien

Area of face/cheeks turned dark

i have been on and off dans regiment for the last 3-4 yrs. my acne was not terribly bad like when i was back in high jr high and high school. however, i thought i would once and for all do it by the book and get clear. i have ordered dan's new bp about 2 months ago and have been using the new pb exactly by the book according dans' video instruction for the first month. my acne did not get better, but parts of my face have turned dark. i have stopped using dans bp and was hoping that the dark spot would eventually go away. it has been over a month now, and the dark spots remain. i'm worry that i have permanently damaged my skin. would you please help? this isnt sun burn guys, because i work at home and rarely go outside into the sun. if i do go outside and expecting the sun, i have always put on a sunscreen lotion and always try to avoid the sun as much as possible.

attached is an image of my face. not the best picture and looked like i was high, which i wasnt. pls be sensitive. :o)

post-103905-1246342090_thumb.jpg

i have been on and off dans regiment for the last 3-4 yrs. my acne was not terribly bad like when i was back in high jr high and high school. however, i thought i would once and for all do it by the book and get clear. i have ordered dan's new bp about 2 months ago and have been using the new pb exactly by the book according dans' video instruction for the first month. my acne did not get better, but parts of my face have turned dark. i have stopped using dans bp and was hoping that the dark spot would eventually go away. it has been over a month now, and the dark spots remain. i'm worry that i have permanently damaged my skin. would you please help? this isnt sun burn guys, because i work at home and rarely go outside into the sun. if i do go outside and expecting the sun, i have always put on a sunscreen lotion and always try to avoid the sun as much as possible.

attached is an image of my face. not the best picture and looked like i was high, which i wasnt. pls be sensitive. :o)

I'm having the same problem with my entire skin. Though it might not be as severe but I can definitely see my cheeks getting darker. I've used several BP products and it never happened to me before. Also the skin is more red after I was sent one of the infected batches. I stopped using the BP for 2 weeks as Dan said and then continued but there is a particular patch close to my nose on my right cheek that is drying out and I know that its gonna turn dark so I'm putting BP only on the new whiteheads and areas much farther from this patch.

But I truly think that there is something that is not right. I remember you posting in my thread like 1-2 months ago. Now I've seen that many ppl are reporting this problem regarding extreme redness and stinging of the moisturizer which is ridiculous and must be put to test by the quality control center which I believe they do to some extent.

Hi man,

I also posted this in a different thread, but i've had the same.

I only do the regimen on my chin, because i break out there. There use to be a time in the past that my chin was verry dark, i mean almost completly brown! And it didn;t feel flaky or dry. (and i have superlight skin, so it was super noticable.)

Later on I found out that my skin was turning dark because lack of moisturizing. So it wen't away after i used a good moisturizer.

What I recommend for you is to use a good moisturizer and buy some jojoba oil, and to gently put it on your dark spots. Your face gets shiny so I understand if you don't want to do it in the morning, but you can only use the moisturizer in the morning.

If your face is like mine it needs to recover from the dryness.

Grtz

I'm having the same problem with my entire skin. Though it might not be as severe but I can definitely see my cheeks getting darker. I've used several BP products and it never happened to me before. Also the skin is more red after I was sent one of the infected batches. I stopped using the BP for 2 weeks as Dan said and then continued but there is a particular patch close to my nose on my right cheek that is drying out and I know that its gonna turn dark so I'm putting BP only on the new whiteheads and areas much farther from this patch.

But I truly think that there is something that is not right. I remember you posting in my thread like 1-2 months ago. Now I've seen that many ppl are reporting this problem regarding extreme redness and stinging of the moisturizer which is ridiculous and must be put to test by the quality control center which I believe they do to some extent.

dans sell his pb in such large quantity, i believe he has to add a lot of preservative to keep it fresh. i read that he mentioned this in another thread. i'm leaning toward the preservative that caused my skin to turned dark. but anyway, i have stopped using dan's bp altogether. i'm just interested in how i can treat these dark spots. please help.

this is very frustrating. i'm trying to treat ance, but my acne is not treated, now i have other problems.

Guest Satsu

Hey, you're Asian too, and if your skin's anything like mine it's combination oily / normal. Amirite? I can't use Dan's regimen, it's formulated for a different skin type than ours, I think.

It's only been a month, but I wouldn't worry too much. Time will take care of your skin. I had really bad darkness, just like yours, from using benzoyl peroxide. You can even see it in the picture I posted on my intro topic... I can't seem to link it from here but you can get to it from my profile.

I think you're right about the preservatives, though I never thought about it before.

I switched to a mild facial soap, (not even an acne formula, truth be told I just use ivory soap :X) and never looked back. I don't know if this post is helpful or not to you D: I'm sure things will get better for you :)

PS what strength sunblock are you using?

Hey, you're Asian too, and if your skin's anything like mine it's combination oily / normal. Amirite? I can't use Dan's regimen, it's formulated for a different skin type than ours, I think.

It's only been a month, but I wouldn't worry too much. Time will take care of your skin. I had really bad darkness, just like yours, from using benzoyl peroxide. You can even see it in the picture I posted on my intro topic... I can't seem to link it from here but you can get to it from my profile.

I think you're right about the preservatives, though I never thought about it before.

I switched to a mild facial soap, (not even an acne formula, truth be told I just use ivory soap :X) and never looked back. I don't know if this post is helpful or not to you D: I'm sure things will get better for you :)

PS what strength sunblock are you using?

thank you for your words of encouragement. i'm hopeful that dark spots will eventually go away. treating acne for me has been like running out of air, and running around town to find some more air, but not finding any air at all while loses more air in the process.

i use a moisturizer with spf 15 whenever i need to go outside to run some quick errands, and when i have an outside all day activities, i use a sunblock of spf 55. its funny how i dont always use sunblock or moisturizer on my hand and arm, but the skin on my hand and arm is always lighter and better tone than the skin on my face. i'm guessing because of all the bp that i have used over the yrs.

like yourself and a some others here, i have stopped using bp. i'm trying the oil cleansing method with castor oil, olive oil and a little bit of tea tree oil. i still get acne, but the OCM seem to help.

Hey man,

You can see where I applied BP for 2 years on my cheeks that it's very similar to what yours looks like, and i'm not Asian.

I've been off the BP for just about a year but it still looks the same.

Some people have recommended an AHA product so I'm going to give that a try here shortly, have you had any experience or success with AHA?