Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsLakers

Home redmedies for scars

So I was just browsing the internet, and I came across a few websites that say home remedies such has rubbing tamato, lemon juice, etc etc can aid in reducing acne scars. Just wondering if any of you know if these home redmedies actually work in lightening acne scars?

You can try them. I've heard of them being used before, but truthfully your probably not going to get the results that you prefer. Lemon juice as a hydroxy acid is known to be good for your skin and for diminishing surface acne scars.

A lot of websites use the term "acne scar" incorrectly. In this forum, "scars" refers a loss of tissue, appearing as an indentation in the skin. Those remedies are meant to treat red marks and discoloration (post inflammatory hyper pigmentation) left behind after acne clears up, not scars.

If we're talking about real scars, I would be willing to throw down 99.9% certainty that rubbing a tomato or lemon on your face is a waste of time.