Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Airdog

Would this work?

Hello I'm new to acne.org forums

I have had cysts for several years. They started in my ear lobs and gradually have spread pretty much all over my face (mostly near my temples and around my hair line)

Naturally I researched sebaceous cyst's online when I was told by my doctor that I had them.

I found this: http:// www.mitamins.com/disease/Sebaceous-Cyst.html

Has anyone ever heard of it?

My browser didn't bring up the site.

But I had severe cystic acne for a while, my suggestion to you is accutane. It cleared me up 100% in 6 months. it does for most people, have a look into it.

they also have many perscribed topical retinoids like Tazorac cream, or Retin-A that may help.

I don't know how much good Benzoyl Peroxide or SA is going to do for cystic acne.

I have used it for sebaceous cysts. I first purchased a 3 month supply of these vitamins in March 2009 and I picked every condition that relates to acne for my formula. The conditions I picked was for acne, acne rosacea, acne vulgaris, oily skin, whiteheads, blackheads, and sebaceous cysts. I had every condition I just mentioned and I would get these white sebaceous cysts on my jawline, by my hairline, by the ear and sometimes by the mouth. Sometimes I would get them on the neck, but most of the time they were red cysts on the neck. I've had acne for years and years, but these sebaceous cysts I started getting about 2 years ago.

Anyway, to answer your queston, yes, these vitamins did work. I started noticing by the 3rd month, that they did work. They worked for every condition of acne that I have. In June, I went ahead and purchased another 3 month supply. I have been clear since May of 2009. I have never ever been this clear. I do not have any sebaceous cysts breakouts anymore. I hardly have had any breakouts for the other type of acne. I get very few breakouts now. Since August, I decided to continue taking vitamins, but decided to buy separate bottles of vitamins that author Dr. James Balch recommends for acne and oily skin in his book called Prescription for Nutritional Healing (Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd ed). Dr. James Balch is the owner and inventor of mitamins.com. It comes out cheaper for me to buy the vitamins separately on swansonvitamins.com versus the monthly payment I pay for the 3 months supply at mitamins.com.

On a side note, I also drink plenty of water and I limit my sweets.

Acne is caused by unbalanced hormones. Your body is producing way too much testosterone, which is forming all kinds of oil in your pores. With all this testosterone, your body doesn't know when to quit producing this oil. Everybody has acne bacteria. What happens is when all of this oil is in your pores, it forms like a crusty clay like, and traps the bacteria in there. If your hormones are balanced, you won't get acne. There is a drug called spironolactone "spiro" which is an antiandrogen. If stops or dramatically reduces testosterone production. This is a wonder drug for acne. I've been on doxycycline, penicillin, amoxicillin, bactrim, clindamycin "oral", erythromycin, and am currently on ciprofloxacin and spiro. The only antibiotics that worked for my acne were the ones that are effective for both gram negative and gram positive bacteria. Which is ehy clindamycin and erythromycin didn't work very well. I just started spiro, and I heard a lot of great things about it. But it takes about a month or 2 to start working. But the cipro antibiotic works right away. My acne is very clear. And if you have a lot of oil on your face, this drug completely gets rid of all that extra oil, without drying your face. I can go 8-10 hours without seeing oil, which before I couldn't go more than an hour. I wrote all of this without even answering your question. IDK if that would wwork, but I recommend spiro over accutane. Good luck