Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noddysmiley

Am I severe enough?

Ok, I'm 18, I've been on tetracycline antibiotics for probably close to 5 years and it seems towards the end of last year they just stopped working. And I was getting complications where I think they were causing me to get yeast infections. So I got some eryacne from my doctor and a referal to the dermo.

When I went to the dermo around 6 weeks ago my skin was pretty bad so she prescribed roaccutane and I continued treatment with eryacne until I finally recieved my roaccutane this week. I'm taking it on alternate days for the first 2 weeks. However in that six week gap my skin cleared up considerably with one little flare up. I've taken two doses so far but I'm just wondering if it's a big concern that my skin cleared a little bit in the in between. I'm pretty sure it would flare again if the weather was warmer, so I decided to start the roaccutane anyway. Any thoughts?

Ok, I'm 18, I've been on tetracycline antibiotics for probably close to 5 years and it seems towards the end of last year they just stopped working. And I was getting complications where I think they were causing me to get yeast infections. So I got some eryacne from my doctor and a referal to the dermo.

When I went to the dermo around 6 weeks ago my skin was pretty bad so she prescribed roaccutane and I continued treatment with eryacne until I finally recieved my roaccutane this week. I'm taking it on alternate days for the first 2 weeks. However in that six week gap my skin cleared up considerably with one little flare up. I've taken two doses so far but I'm just wondering if it's a big concern that my skin cleared a little bit in the in between. I'm pretty sure it would flare again if the weather was warmer, so I decided to start the roaccutane anyway. Any thoughts?

hmmm

I'd just ignore everything and take roaccutane as a course,

I remember I was once clear for 5-6 months after 3 fraxel treatments (with live acne)

I had the fraxel treatments for scars, whether I had active acne or not

as the fractional laser killed the sac in the skin (like a lot of laser treatments do), I was in that '6 month-1 year skin renewal period' from the fraxel,

therefore I was clear for 6 months

then after 6 months, suddenly I broke out big time in new places...

now I'm on roaccutane lol

I ignore my stages of 'wow I've been acne-free for a few days/weeks now' because

they suddenly come back...don't know why it happens...

so many times...i can remember where I was pus-filled-acne-free for a month...

then sudden bang...then the free-period again...its so random...

Ah, thankyou FACKne. That was very helpful. I was almost feeling as though maybe I wasn't, I dunno, deserving of something like roaccutane when so many people have really really really serious acne, but I'm ready to be rid of it I rekon. And even if I don't have a heaps of pimples I tend to get the occaisional big cyst which is terrible.

Thanks for your help, I hope the roaccutane works for you.

if you feel that your acne was severe enough a few weeks ago, then i would still start accutane even though your skin has improved the past few weeks. the thing with other treatments is that your skin might get better for a while, but it is not a permanent fix. sometimes my skin would clear up for no apparent reason, then breakout terribly just when i thought it was better. but since taking accutane, my skin has STAYED clear for almost 6 months and counting. no other treatment could have given me these results... so i HIGHLY recommend accutane! just because your skin cleared up for a few weeks, dont pass on accutane because your skin could be clear for a lot longer than that! its sooo worth it. good luck!! i hope your treatment goes well.

oooh

and

if you've had one big cyst before...there is a chance the cyst will start a family...lol

I started with white heads only breakouts...

then the pus filled acne only breaksouts...

then I had a under-the-skin breakout...just hard-acne...not pus filled...they appeared...then disappeared without popping...but left the darkest reddest red-wine coloured marks!!! like 10 in one area...very weird...

from my experience...my acne started from bad-acne to the worst-acne

and sadly...I have a spreading-effect... :( now on Roaccutane hmmm