Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarge657

Problem with Dan's AHA+ and Showering

Hey I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as me, and maybe someone out there knows what to do about it.

One night after letting the BP dry on my face, I put on some AHA+ to go to bed with. Having not putting it on in a while it really burned. It wasn't really problem and its not my main concern. The next day after working out in the morning and then taking a shower, I noticed and felt something strange on my face. It appeared as if the AHA came out of my skin and showed in some spots (A little bit above the eyebrows and some to the left and right of the nose). The difference in time between application and shower was around 9-10 hours.

So does anyone know why and how to prevent this?

sarge,

What do you mean "it came out in some spots"? Also, how much AHA+ did you use? Are you on the Regimen? If so, for how long?

I have been on the regimen for 3-4 months and yes I probably waited at least two months to start applying AHA. What I mean by that is it seems it just came out my skin in a cream like substance. Almost how I put it on. Like the shower just brought it up from my skin. I used about a finger tips amount for the forehead and between the brows, and about the same for each side of my nose/cheek area. My guess is I should have applied it on a wider scale on my face because it was a slightly thick layer I left on.

Do you mean that it was in your pores and came out? I use a generous amount in the evenings and usually wake up with some balled up AHA+ spots but these wash away in the shower. It's on the surface of my skin, not actually IN my skin.

This was probably just the residue of the AHA mixed with your own skin oils. Just wash as usual and it should come right off.