Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LQP

When should I remove my makeup?

I'll be starting the regimen soon and wanted to know when I should remove my makeup. I typically put my makeup on in the early morning, but am done with my day by 2:00 p.m. If I am only supposed to watch my face twice on the regimen, should I leave my makeup on until I wash my face that night? I didn't know what was better - leaving my makeup on 7+ more hours or washing my face a third time? At the moment I am only wearing makeup twice a week, but as school gets closer I will be using it more often. Thanks

I'll be starting the regimen soon and wanted to know when I should remove my makeup. I typically put my makeup on in the early morning, but am done with my day by 2:00 p.m. If I am only supposed to watch my face twice on the regimen, should I leave my makeup on until I wash my face that night? I didn't know what was better - leaving my makeup on 7+ more hours or washing my face a third time? At the moment I am only wearing makeup twice a week, but as school gets closer I will be using it more often. Thanks

I don't have an answer for you sorry... but I was wondering the SAME thing haha. I don't like to let my makeup sit on my face if I'm home for the rest of the day. I see you just started the regimen, I did too (only 4 days for me). How are you coming along?!

I actually start tomorrow :dance:, but I will definetly keep you updated - link to my blog in my signature. I've been checking out your blog too! Can't wait to see our progress. I commented on your blog - had a question as to what makeup you were using?

I wear makeup and usually get off work at 3pm. As soon as I come home I remove all makeup and wash my face. If you aren't working out or getting dirty, then what is the point of washing your face for the third time?

Ok, so it sounds like a consensus lies that I should not wash my face for a third time. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

well when i get home from work or gym i remove my makeup with a wipe. its takes off the make-up and its cooling.

i wash my face with water and cleanser in the morning and again when i go to bed.

i find doing this is fine and doesnt dry my skin out.

just use a wipe with least amount of harsh chemicals in. i use Simple wipes and its working great!

I like kimmi's suggestion of using a makeup wipe when you get home if you don't want makeup sitting on your face. (Personally, I don't take it off til bedtime because I never know when I need to run out somewhere or if a friend will drop by.)

Your other option might be to wash it off with the cleanser when you get home, and then before bed when you're ready for the rest of the regimen, just splash your face for a few seconds with luke warm water to kind of refresh it. Don't use any product, just rinse away anything that may have gotten on since you washed. That's probably what I would do.

Good luck, whatever you choose!