Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tarah2878

Charlotte NC help find Dr.!

I have hormonal acne, my derm says so but he will not treat the cause outside of the BCP. I want to try Spiro. He constantly has me on antibiotics...I just switched from doxy to amoxy because my face exploded with acne after switching BCP. Can anyone recommend a Dr. in the CHarlotte NC area who will treat me and perhaps prescribe spiro? I have a feeling it will work for me and want to at least try it. I called an internal medicine spec. endocrinologist who said he has never heard of hormonal acne??? Needless to say I did not make my appointment with him. Please help!!!

I have hormonal acne, my derm says so but he will not treat the cause outside of the BCP. I want to try Spiro. He constantly has me on antibiotics...I just switched from doxy to amoxy because my face exploded with acne after switching BCP. Can anyone recommend a Dr. in the CHarlotte NC area who will treat me and perhaps prescribe spiro? I have a feeling it will work for me and want to at least try it. I called an internal medicine spec. endocrinologist who said he has never heard of hormonal acne??? Needless to say I did not make my appointment with him. Please help!!!

Doctors can be so annoying sometimes. I hope someone responds with a specific doctor but I would suggest that you call up all the dermatologists offices and just ask the receptionist if the doctor uses spironolactone in his practice. It's getting much more widespread use now and is even listed in the newest drug book as a second-line drug for acne. You could also call the endocrinologist's offices but I personally did not have any luck with the one we saw. He said to come back when my daughter wanted to get pregnant and then he could help :rolleyes:

Thanks Boston, it's worth a try right? I think I will do that today! Yeah, those endocrinologists focus on infertility issues and diabetes, I can't find one who is more well rounded, they are all so specialized. The saddest part about this particular doc though, was that he had listed skin problems including acne and psoriasis on his website as conditions that he could treat. Hmmm? Oh well, back to the drawing board.