Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wwfasd?

hormonal acne questions

what are some topicals you use with horomonal acne? used proactiv for a year now, but idk if i should switch.

and does hormonal acne EVER go away? i mean can you out grow it? i don't want to be dependent on BCP for ever! recently my periods have been UNBEARABLE. i actually vomit now and for the week can not leave the house. i think i may have PCOS or endomettosis but i can't go to my gyno until oct until he accepts my insurrance again.

i just started sprintec 28 bcp yesterday and i have an appt tom with a new derm so i may suggest sprinolactane (sp?)

ugh these cysts things on my chin are hurting! as soon as i turn 20 my acne become worse, you'd think it'd become better! WHY?

i've never been so upset about my face.

I went on bcpills 30 years ago to control my acne. Worked like a charm. I swear I cleared up in one week and it was a miracle. So I was like 20. Stayed on for a few years and even used premarin for a while. Then I had kids and was clear as can be with the first and in breakout hell with the 2nd for some reason. I broke out into my 30's and then it all went away. So there is hope. I am still acne prone in my 50's but it's just random now.

I so much understand you cause I hate being dependent of meds as well!

however I was diagnosed PCOS which means I have to stay on the bc pill (or other hormonal alternatives) for ever in order to control my skin....

hormonal acne does go away if its just due to puberty or a symptom of a curable disease!

im currently taking accutane to get rid of my acne in add to the bcpill

however I was diagnosed PCOS which means I have to stay on the bc pill (or other hormonal alternatives) for ever in order to control my skin....

hormonal acne does go away if its just due to puberty or a symptom of a curable disease!

a curable disease? getting sick can cause hormonal acne?!

a curable disease? getting sick can cause hormonal acne?!

Being sick can upset your hormones and IMO all acne is hormonally caused. My poor Daddy broke out badly in his 80's just before he got diagnosed with cancer. He was doing the whole Clearasil thing. He hated it too which goes to show that acne sucks at any age.

there are several diseases/disorders which have to be excluded ere PCOS diagnosis.

these diseases include illness of the ovar, the pituitary gland and the adrenal gland for ex.

they cause similar symptoms (policystic ovaries and/or period issues (anovulation: oligo- or amenorrhea) and e s p e c i a l l y hyperandrogenism)

hyperandrogenism is the reason for visual/clinical symptoms such as acne, hirsutism and alopecia

list of other possible diseases which can cause 1or all of the symptoms mentioned above/first

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_adrenal_hyperplasia

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactinoma

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushing%27s_syndrome

- tumors of the andrenal/pituitary glands, ovaries producing adrogens

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_ovarian_failure

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

(and im pretty sure there are also non hormonal diseases causing acne but thats very rare imo)

what are some topicals you use with horomonal acne? used proactiv for a year now, but idk if i should switch.

and does hormonal acne EVER go away? i mean can you out grow it? i don't want to be dependent on BCP for ever! recently my periods have been UNBEARABLE. i actually vomit now and for the week can not leave the house. i think i may have PCOS or endomettosis but i can't go to my gyno until oct until he accepts my insurrance again.

i just started sprintec 28 bcp yesterday and i have an appt tom with a new derm so i may suggest sprinolactane (sp?)

ugh these cysts things on my chin are hurting! as soon as i turn 20 my acne become worse, you'd think it'd become better! WHY?

i've never been so upset about my face.

I am 39 y/o female still suffering with hormonal cystic acne (chin and mouth area) since the age of 14. If anything it has gotten worse in my mid-late 30's. So I am skeptical about whether it will ever end for me. My guess is probably not until menopause when I'm all dried up and wrinkly, lol.

Spironolactone has def helped me a lot. WEnt on it in December and skin took a while, needed to up dosage a few times but overall so much better than before. Wish I had gone on it in my early 20's and stayed on it. Over the years I have tried everything else short of acutane and spiro is the only thing that works.

good luck!