Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunchesofsunflowers

I need some encouragement

After my skin cleared I decided to try Green Cream to fade the PIH. In a few short weeks I've gone from clear skin to absolute trainwreck. I haven't had acne this bad in YEARS. I'm incredibly discouraged right now. Tell me it gets better.

Well, I can't offer any particular advice right now, but I'm in the same boat as you. I'm just about 8 weeks into a course of Tazorac, and right now my skin is incredibly broken out. I started to really break out around week 3-4 and then it's gotten to the point where some days I may get 8-10 pustules. Looking in the mirror, I really want to quit but I don't want to go back on accutane or benzoyl peroxide so I don't really know what other options I have.

Reading the stickied post in this forum on the initial breakout, I guess it can last up through 3 months or so, so I'm hoping to plow through the next month with my head down, but it's really hard at the moment.