Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gutterflower

I'm in love with my kabuki brush.

I really, truly am. So much so, that I felt compelled to make a thread to declare my love for it.

I lost it a while back and starting using my airbrush (which is what it's called, anyway, since it's multi-purpose) and it just didn't blend my mineral powder quite right... it always looked kind of patchy and unusual. It does a good job with liquid foundation, but I don't like to use liquid foundation often because it always seems to just slide around on my skin regardless of what I do. Then today I re-discovered my kabuki brush and how it buffs it on perfectly. Aside from a few obvious spots which I dare not complain about since they're no big deal, my skin looked really nice!

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll get a bigger one. I saw a pink one at Coastal Scents that I want solely because it's pink. I'm such a girl. You guys notice a massive difference in how your makeup appears depending on your brush set? I'm not entirely sure how I ever lived without them...

Also! I had a question which will inevitably be drowned out by all the crap I've just dribbled. Has anybody got any suggestions for good primers? Mine is running out and I'm not really happy with it so I'm pretty much looking for a better one.

:wub:

YES. I bought this maybelline mineral concealer which comes with a brush and if I use that brush it goes on horribley, all the colour sticking in one place, leaving orange blobs on my face. Not a good look. But when I apply the same concealour with BE brush it just blends in and looks normal. Good brushes make such a big difference! And I don't think my 'good' brush is even that good!

Rimmel Recover primer is amaaazing. In the green or pink, depending on what you need it for.