Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tom .p.

Spots all over chin

I have had enough of the spots that are covering my chin (white heads and very red bumps) and have decided to ask for help finding the cause. It only seems to be my chin that is suffering so I think it must be a reaction - but have no idea what is causing it.

I wash my face twice a day with a clean & clear face wash, then apply azeliac acid very generously and take lymecycline anti biotics - but they just won't clear! They have reduced slightly but are still clearly visible - and it means I can't shave so I'm begining to feel like a tramp :rolleyes:

I'm only 16, and everyone I've asked has blamed my age - but surely if this was the case I'd get spots elsewhere too? I have recently stopped drinking milk, use a differant towel to dry my face and change my bedding regularly but the effects have been minimal - any suggestions?

I would be able to post pictures if you want to see the exact type of acne I have.

EDIT - It's pustules and nodules have got on my chin

My chin is terrible too. Dan's BP has been keeping my forehead under control but my chin is just resisting. I have white heads primarily in the center, but AHA+ and BP have reduced these by at least half. Currently I have a big red one - been there for a week - along the side of my chin, which from my observations used to be 4 or 5 whiteheads. I also have a whitehead that has recently become inflamed...and near that an under the skin lump which comes around every month or so. I, too, am at my wit's end.

Any suggestions - I really need these to go :cry:

EDIT - Just thaught I'd add - I do workout in the gym, but I don't think this can be the cause as it's only on my chin I get the spots, also my diet is clean with high protein, low GI carbs and good fats.

Wait, so is this recently? You might be allergic to gluten, nuts, etc.

If its not recently, make sure you drink lots of water, eat your fruits and veggies and good luck finding a treatment =)

(Yeah, I didn't know how to edit).

Did you switch to a new brand of toothpaste? Does your toothpaste go on your chin while brushing your teeth?

Make sure you rinse your face after working out :dance:

I drink plenty of water - and eat very cleanly so I doubt thats the problem. It is only recently that it's started happening, and toothpaste might be a good suggestion - I'm currently using colgate triple cool stripe - has any heard of this causing acne before?

Also - would a reaction cause acne to occur just in the one spot?

I appreciate your comment - any more suggestions as I've seriously had enough.

Wait, so is this recently? You might be allergic to gluten, nuts, etc.

If its not recently, make sure you drink lots of water, eat your fruits and veggies and good luck finding a treatment =)

(Yeah, I didn't know how to edit).

Did you switch to a new brand of toothpaste? Does your toothpaste go on your chin while brushing your teeth?

Make sure you rinse your face after working out :dance:

Bumping this thread as they're getting increasingly worse! Please help, I'm sure more than one of you on here will be able to give advice?

Okay, reread my post - remember how I said I had a big red one, I thought it was multiple whiteheads combined? I was right! Two nights ago I got so fed up, that over the course of 5 or 6 hours I generously applied Dan's BP about 4 times, and once just over the spot. Of course I let the area dry, waited a good amount of time before each application, and my skin tolerates BP real well. Before bed I applied my AHA+ in that spot, again generously. The next day I saw improvement, and now today the big red spot has broken up into three or four smaller spots, and I can see the heads (which will hopefully surface tonight or tomorrow). So if your skin can stand the BP, I say go for it.

If not, try icing the spots.

hey man I had spots all over my chin recently too, what i used to clear them up is a cleanser and salicylic acid, and i still use them to avoid gettin more. This is what i do every day now if ur interested:

When i first wake up, i wash my face with warm water then use the cleanser(spectrojel) rub it in gently for about 1 minute and wash away, then pat down my face with a towel.

Then I took the salicylic acid(its a liquid kind) and poured a little on a cotton pad and lightly applied it over my face.

Then did the same at night. Worked really good, I also use crushed aspirin 2 times a week aswell for exfoliation. For that i apply it at night after i cleanse, rub it gently then wash off after a couple minutes.

Yeah, I got it too, mainly around the chin and under the mouth. Not too bad, but it's consistent. I'm 26, so it's adult acne at this point. To me though, all of that topical treatment is just a cover up of the root cause, a cause that I don't know. Check out my post in...

Message Boards > Other Acne Related Forums > General Acne Products > Wisdom Teeth, Wtf?

...to see what I feel MAY be connected to my issues in the same area of the face. You may have a similar issue, which could mean a similar cause.