Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozboy12

Topical treatments allowed while on accutane

Hi all,

I was just wondering what kinds of topical treatments could be used while on accuntane (20mg day, 185lbs)? I just want something that I could used rarely for those spots that come up really badly during times when you want to look as nice as possible (such as formals etc...)

So is there any topical treatments that would be ok (I understand no Vitamin A analogues), like maybe benzoyl peroxide, or some over the counter stuff like clearsil spot treatment stuff?

Thanks heaps

please I need some help, its mainly because my IB is pretty horrible and i'm coming up to a big student convention that I would like to look half decent for

My derm's office has more than one doctor. One said no other topicals, the other said - some people do all of the time with no problems, even RX strength Differin. I've tried both bp and sa while on tane (finishing up my second course now). Using other stuff hasn't been horrible, but it does cause increased dryness/flakes. Sometimes the flakes have been bad enough it wasn't worth it, even with heavy moisturizer. Good luck.