Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I heared going on a diet is all about allergies, and what ingredients you are allergic to, the most common being gluten. I just wondered how you would go about finding out what your allergic to. Can you go to the doctor, or will they not just test for something small like that. Do you just have to go trial and error, which is what i've been doing and i'm completely unsure about what causes my acne. Any replies would be appreciated!

There are blood tests to measure allergies and food sensitivities, although they are quite expensive. I'm not sure whether health insurance will pay for them. One company I've heard of that does it is called betterhealth USA.

I know some other members have tried eating a hypoallergenic diet for a limited time. Then the suspected troublesome foods are introduced into the diet to see if there is a reaction.

I heared going on a diet is all about allergies, and what ingredients you are allergic to, the most common being gluten. I just wondered how you would go about finding out what your allergic to. Can you go to the doctor, or will they not just test for something small like that. Do you just have to go trial and error, which is what i've been doing and i'm completely unsure about what causes my acne. Any replies would be appreciated!

No, it isn't all about allergies. It's about nutrients, digestion, inflammation and stable blood sugar. That includes avoiding anything you have an intolerance to.

The best way to determine food intolerances is by an elimination diet. There's info on this in the Food and Recipe thread under Important topics.