Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Im Nick

Pre+Post Chemical Peel

Hello everyone, I just ordered an at home Glycolic Acid Peel kit to use to see If it will help me redness and scars left after acne.

I know many of you have done these before, so I was just curious....

What do you guys recomend using Pre peel, should I just simply clean my skin with a light cleanser before peeling? Or should I try to deep clean all of the oils out?

Also... What do you think I should do After? Should I use something special that will take the chemicals off? or just a cleaner? Is there any other recomended products I should use Post peel???

Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.

I don't know what pre peel is but what I do is cleanse my face with a gentle cleanser that doesnt contain any AHA. Let my face dry for 15 minutes then apply the glycolic peel. Wash the glycolic acid off with a lot of water. Wait another 15 minutes then apply moisturizer.

It worked great for red spots after about 6 peels or so. Don't expect to notice results until then.

You are not supposed to do chemical peels while you are taking Accutane.

I'd suggest going to a dermatologist or an aesthetician.

As ncblugirl said - you are not supposed to do peels while on accutane and I believe the standard is to wait at least six months following the end of your treatment before any type of facial procedure. You should speak to your dermatologist about it. There are some peels that require you to 'prep' your skin (using retin-a and sometimes hydroquinone). These types of peels are quite deep and should be left in the hands of professionals.

I have had salicylic peels done by the aesthetician at the dermatologists office. Glycolic peels will provide exfoliation. You need to start at a very low level if you are going to do this yourself. If I were you I would visit some of the cosmetic or plastic surgery forums where a lot of women (and men) have done these themselves (if you want, PM me and I will provide you the website).

I wouldn't perform your first peel on yourself - I would leave that to a very experienced professional who can guide you through the process. I suggest you see your derm first.