Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A lot of people almost think 'natural' and 'good' are same word.

I'm skeptical.

Why is 'natural' good? And what do you mean when you say natural?

A lot of things that happen in nature (or happen without the hand of human beings)

are total crap. Easy example: baby's born paralized. This is natural, so this is good?

And why are chemical treatments not natural? AHA for example helps your body to exfoliate, so that your body does what we believe is 'natural' (have a clean skin).

So why do you think a natural treatment is the best way to go?

In my oppinion, 'natural' isn't always 'good', sometimes nature needs a little help from us, because we live in a world that isn't perfect.

Discuss

sigh, it's all relative. Meaning not everything will benefit everyone, and something that you may like may be not so great for someone else. Best thing to do is use your discretion. Trust your instincts.

A lot of people almost think 'natural' and 'good' are same word.

I'm skeptical.

Why is 'natural' good? And what do you mean when you say natural?

A lot of things that happen in nature (or happen without the hand of human beings)

are total crap. Easy example: baby's born paralized. This is natural, so this is good?

And why are chemical treatments not natural? AHA for example helps your body to exfoliate, so that your body does what we believe is 'natural' (have a clean skin).

So why do you think a natural treatment is the best way to go?

In my oppinion, 'natural' isn't always 'good', sometimes nature needs a little help from us, because we live in a world that isn't perfect.

Discuss

Sorry but I'm not convinced either. I'm going to start by saying I have hyper-sensitive skin and a lot of stupid stuff irritates it (I can't use Benzoyl Peroxide, Salycilic Acid unless its in an aspirin mask, Tea Tree Oil, or Lavender Oil. Wonderful... :doubt: ) For some weird reason I went on an all natural kick thinking "less chemicals more good stuff!" One word: IRRITATION! Oh and also breakouts. I used so many natural products too so I know it wasn't just one natural product, and then finally I thought "I'm going back to Clinique! That brand was never bad!"

So I came to the conclusion of this: Some chemicals are good some are bad and not everything from nature is perfect. Examples would be poison oak (bad) and lemons (good). Or for chemicals it would be the vaccine for tuberculosis (great) and nicotine (bad). Finding a balance between the two seems to be most ideal, but of course it gives some people peace of mind to know that their products are all natural. Personally, science cleared my skin, and nature (I do homemade masks) is an occasional perfecter.