Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacob11

how long until your skin gets used to benzoyl peroxide

i've been on the regimen for a month now and its been up and down, i get really clear then have a breakout the next day then get clear again etc. etc. but other peoples stories are a lot like this too so i'm going to keep at it. but does anyone know how long it takes your skin to get used to benzoyl peroxide and stop becoming all dry? i never had a beginning 'purging' experience and my face never went red.

Hey Jacob,

I have been on the regimen for a month now and i don't think my skin adjusted to the Bp yet. I have similar breakout problems breaking out here and there. I just think it'll take some time before you can really see a difference. It is hard but be patience. Good Luck!

-Ken

Usually by 3 months most people are seeing consistent results and the skin is having an easier time with the medication, unless you just have super sensitive skin. In the meantime, here are some tips on handling the dryness: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

Hope that helps.