Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madeinchina

Getting back on Mino?

Hey all,

I was on minocycline with duac and retin-A around 5 years ago. It got me completely clear. However, I broke out severely a few months after going off meds. I didn't know about this website then so I didn't know that it was fairly common for acne to come back.

I'm going to see a derm soon. Should I try and get back on a similar treatment, or will that just result in another terrible breakout once I'm off of it? If that's the case, could Accutane be for me?

Thanks for your feedback!

Me personally, I would not get back on antibiotics ever again. I fear the disruption of the good bacteria in me.

Anyway, if you already took mino before, the chances of you gaining resistance to it now are pretty good. They might not even work this time around. I would not take the chance. Try to find an alternative regimen, like maybe a candida diet. Search for it in the holistic forum.

Good luck!

Where you on Mino and topicals 5 years ago Or did you just stop taking everything acouple of months ago after 5 years?

Maybe you should have just stopped taking the Mino and continued the topicals, once you stop taking antibiotics you need something else to keep the acne from coming back.

I agree with the other poster I would not go back on antibiotics, I am against Accutane so I cant really give you an opinion about it.

Did you start breaking out again after 2 months of stopping Mino or was it longer or before that?