Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JRider23

please help me come up with a routine :)

hey guys... i don't want to bore everyone, but just a little background info.. When i get into something, i get into it and learn everything i can about it. Over the last 5 weeks, i have began to change my lifestyle. I started to lift weights, and i learned virtually everything i could about lifting, and came up with a routine that i thought would be most beneficial for me.

I want to do the same for acne. This summer, i am volunteering at a camp for kids with autism and down syndrome. I don't think they will say anything about my acne, but i do feel kind of self-conscious and if they do i will feel kind of weird around them.

I used to think my acne was very bad (it actually used to be pretty damn bad) but after hanging around this forum for a little while, i realize that a lot more people have worse acne than i have. However, i still want to kill this fucking acne that has been bugging me for the last 2ish years of my life. These 2 years seem like my whole life, and my goal is to try to put an end to my acne sometime over the next 1-2 months. Right now, i have some pimples on my chin (on the left/right side, only a whitehead in the middle) and also some pimples on my cheeks (more like a bunch of really little ones bunched up).. this doesn't look too bad, but it's my fucking forehead that has 2 or 3 blackheads (they seem worse to me) and some weird pimple a little above my nose and below my eye brows. I don't think any of it would look bad besides the ones on my forehead if i wasn't so damn light skinned. I am extremely pale, have blue eyes and blond hair, and during the summer my acne looks so much worse!

I have pro-active, which i never completely tried "the right way" with all the steps due to me being lazy, so i want to give that a stab for a bit. My mom also got cetaphil for my brother after he had a mild breakout, and i have heard good things about that so i want to use pro-active in the morning and use cetaphil at night.

I am going to be training 6, maybe even 7 days a week.. 3 devoted to lifting, 2 to running, 1 or 2 to playing soccer. This will be my exercise, and i also hope to get to bed sometime between 11-12:00 and wake up between 7-8:00 depending on when my camp starts (wow it starts in a day and i still don't know what time to be there lol).

As for diet, i try to drink a lot of water. I also have protein shakes on occasion after i lift, and i am not so sure if this is good or bad for acne. I will do my complete best to keep sweets and dairy out of my diet (babysat tonight and they had like 10 flavors of ice cream so i had to have some.. although i feel guilty now) and add as much vegetables and fruits as i possibly can. I bring lunch to the autistic camp, so if anyone knows of some good food that i could eat while i am there, that would be awesome!!

I have A LOT coming up next year with applying to college and all sorts of other sports and shit, and would love to not have to worry about acne in between everything.

To anyone who helps me out, thank you so much... i really appreciate it.

You need to start with what type of acne you have. Do you have primarily inflamed acne, or primarily comedonal acne? If you primarily have inflamed acne, the regimen (you could use Proactive's BP) would be helpful. For comedonal acne, check out the pinned posts at the top of the blackheads forum.

You need to start with what type of acne you have. Do you have primarily inflamed acne, or primarily comedonal acne? If you primarily have inflamed acne, the regimen (you could use Proactive's BP) would be helpful. For comedonal acne, check out the pinned posts at the top of the blackheads forum.

well i feel like a complete moron for not knowing the differences lol... i just googled it and i am pretty sure i just have inflamed acne with mostly papules and a few blackheads on my forehead. It isn't too bad compared to a lot of the people on here, but in my area almost nobody has acne, and i feel kinda like shit a lot of the time. I try not to let it get to me, but in the summer sun it is kind of hard.

I'd suggest the regimen, then. Please follow the instructions, and don't go too fast. More isn't better at first, slowly adapting is the idea. :)

For your forehead, you could add in a salicylic acid product. Dan has one; I haven't tried it. I like Paula's Choice products very much.

You can buy all the products you need for the regimen at your local drugstore.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

i have read amazing things about the regimen..... it's just telling my parents about it and convincing them to get it for me... My mom has been riding the pro-active bandwagon because it worked for my 2 cousins, and she is getting on me for not doing it "the right way". I guess i will see how that goes for a little bit, and if it doesn't work i will definetely try to convince her to get the regimen for me.

i have read amazing things about the regimen..... it's just telling my parents about it and convincing them to get it for me... My mom has been riding the pro-active bandwagon because it worked for my 2 cousins, and she is getting on me for not doing it "the right way". I guess i will see how that goes for a little bit, and if it doesn't work i will definetely try to convince her to get the regimen for me.

I don't know what's in Proactive's BP, but it might be okay as it's (I think) a 2.5% BP. I don't know much about it, though.

An alternative is Neutrogena on the spot; it's a 2.5% BP. It's not bad at all, but not as smooth and easily absorbed as Dan's. You can buy all the supplies you need in a drugstore and see how it works. :)

idk if this is only because of pro-active, but i've used it the last 2 days (fully) and even though i've eaten shit my face looks like it's getting better. I just got back from a one day trip to Maryland and am going to use cetaphil in the morning and pro-active at night. I heard that having BP on while out in the sun isn't good, so i will use it at night, and use cetaphil in the morning. I hope to see some results soon, and as my acne has already been clearing up i hope i can just finish this crap off!