Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have literally done everything that I can, I just can't seem to get out of this rut. Accutane,lasers,pills,injections,creams, I'm looking for the answer that I just can't find. I am SO fed up with this, no one else around me understands.I can't even talk to the people I'm close with, I just want to push them away,its just so irrelevant to them, and I don't need anyone looking down upon me. School sucks because of this!I can't go anywhere withouht makeup...its just not fun anymore. I just don't know what to do? I so badly just want to get away and never look back, shed all of my commitments...but I can't. If people only knew?

I have literally done everything that I can, I just can't seem to get out of this rut. Accutane,lasers,pills,injections,creams, I'm looking for the answer that I just can't find. I am SO fed up with this, no one else around me understands.I can't even talk to the people I'm close with, I just want to push them away,its just so irrelevant to them, and I don't need anyone looking down upon me. School sucks because of this!I can't go anywhere withouht makeup...its just not fun anymore. I just don't know what to do? I so badly just want to get away and never look back, shed all of my commitments...but I can't. If people only knew?

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I'm going to list some ideas (maybe you have tried them maybe you haven't) that maybe could help your acne:

1) Dietary changes. So many people have cleared up due to dietary changes (just look at the Nutrition board)

2) Hormone therapy (you'll need doctor help with this one, trying to balance hormones again)

3) Facial steaming?

4) Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (both tend to clear people up)

5) Baby brush method (never tried it myself but it helps others)

6) Urine Therapy (again never tried it myself but it helps others)

7) Vitamins B5, Zinc, and/or Fish Oil

8) Baking soda

9) I read about one person who scrubbed their face with Arm and Hammer toothpaste two nights in a row and then was completely clear of their acne. They used the advanced white formula I believe.

10) Yogurt, aspirin, egg white, honey, and/or lemon masks

11) Drinking lemon or ACV or applying them topically

12) Doing a Candida cleanse

13) Birth Control pills

14) Some people say that a mix of honey and cinnamon applied topically clears acne

15) Drinking herbs really helped me! I stopped simply because I ran out and was too lazy to buy more but here are some links that helped me out A TON:

http://www.herbalremediesinfo.com/herbs-for-acne.html

http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-herbs/herbs-for-acne.html

16) Aromatherapy and essential oil use on acne. Surprisingly effective

17) I've heard some people mention Ayurveda- I don't quite know too much about it but maybe look into it.

18) Some different product ideas: Clinique Acne and regular Clinique 3-step work amazing for me. Maybe you would like one of them too. I know my mom cleared up by using noxzema, and my aunt cleared up by (I kid you not) using Listerine Mouthwash as a facial toner!

19) Maybe the Oil Cleansing Method

20) Microdermabrasion or facials

21) Some people benefit from not treating acne topically, just cleansing and taking care of their skin normally (as if they didn't have acne)

22) The "Caveman" method

23) Water therapy

24) Green Smoothies

25) Sea salt scrubs are apparently amazing for some people (again never tried it myself)

Probably more I just can't think of. I'll post back if I think of some more methods

Maybe you think you have tried everything but just keeps your eyes open. I promise there is a light at the end of the acne tunnel.

Good luck!

Also: Something that has helped me track what causes my breakouts/what clears me up is by keeping a skin diary daily.

I'm guessing since you've been on accutane that you've tried all the tetracycline antibiotics usually prescribed first? Is there any way you can have an appointment with a holistic doctor/naturopath?

If you can have your hormone levels tested and go on an elimination diet, you might find some clues as to what is causing your acne, so you get a better idea of how to treat it.

I've personally found MD formulations glycolic acid products useful, and I know they are popular. Don't give up, there's a solution out there for you.