Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who is like me:

Lost all their good mates/friends

feels lonely

too self-conscious of acne/scars esp

have like no confidence

overall life is shit in general! (ive had a bad life not even including acne)

I feel lonely because my girlfriend has been gone on a cruise for over a week. I miss her :(

I'm extremely self concious of acne and my red marks...

I've never really had much confidence to begin with, the acne just shot down the little I had..

Even worse is I'm a germophobe and my face is covered in this crap and there's little to nothing I can do about it since I can't get to a dermatologist at the moment..

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

i feel ya man my life was mentally tuff before acne, now i got scars that really mess with me

i havent lost any friends but one thing ive learnt is that friends dont really care and wont treat u differently so u should make some phone calls

Im so sorry sweetie Idk if ur a guy or gal but my heart goes out to u u are in my prayers. life sucks whether its acne or bein 20 lbs over wieight...her is my dilemma, I would like to share my acne story with u!!! it has a pretty positive outcome tho!!! here goes!

ok so i get told i am so beautiful all the time...and i had GREAT skin when i was 17 and under but no sooner did i turn 18 it was a down hill battle. I suffered acne confidence issues for 2 yrs of college until my mom told me i have bad acne and i didnt even realize that it was keeping me from doing shit!!! so i was like yah OMG ur rite! so i made an appt with my reg. doctor and so she gave me retin a the cream kind 0.025% to put on at nite and the clyndamycin phosphate gel 1% to put on in the morning. it took like 6 months to rly clear me up and made so many awful red scabs and shit on my face at first and i got all discouraged n shit but then i was all clear when i travelled to italy and lived there in ROME for 3 months!!!

in italy i had the best skin i evr had in my life but when i got back home to CA i broke out again...i still use the two things i was perscribed plus acne free benzoal peroxide and still break out at age 20...go figure!!! but i get WAY less really inflamed acne then i used to i know my acne is genetic due to my aunt and mom and dad all having had it too and it makes me pissed sometimes still but srsly get RETIN A and CLYNDAMYCIN! u gotta stick to the schedule tho..oh and i also cleared up my diet and started drinkin a SHIT LOAD O WATER and ANTIOXIDANT TEAS! and i dunno y this sucks soooo much but drinking a beer a day has given me wonderfully clear skin and no breakouts for MONTHS but now i gained 20 lbs from too much drinking and im fat so i traded acne for fattness...so now i FINALLY stopped drinking beer havnt dranken in 3 days and WHAM acne is comin back kinda. (the non-inflamed bumpy kinds!!!) life is just a bitch sometimes buddy!!!

way i see it is its just suffering experience under ur belt just remember EVERYONE, yes EVERYYYONEEE suffers, whether it b acne or diabetis or scholiosis etc...its just life man, hang in there and take things as they come and dont let acne ruin ur life cuz NO ONE CARES!!!! they are all to focused on their OWN SELVES!!! OK have a very peaceful night! PEACE OUTTT :dance:

I skipped my senior prom because of it.

I gave up the best date i could have had.

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

Apart from the first one, me. Sometimes I spill about my self esteem issues online to my friends (I find it's easier to talk about online than in person) ans all she says in return is "lol". That's...very comforting.

I have only left the house 2 times in the last 2 weeks, because my accutane IB gave me a huge cyst. One of the times I left the house was to go grocery shopping, and the other time was to drive around aimlessly because i was so bored and didn't wanna sit at home. Friends and family have asked me to go out during this time but i just make up some excuse like "I have other plans". It's quite depressing being alone for 2 weeks. Next weekend is July 4, lots of BBQs and activities but i have a feeling i'll be at home alone again. This cyst won't resolve itself by then, I'm pretty sure of it

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

Apart from the first one, me. Sometimes I spill about my self esteem issues online to my friends (I find it's easier to talk about online than in person) ans all she says in return is "lol". That's...very comforting.

I don't think she realises how much you're effected by what you're talking about. Share here instead :angel:

Thanks

the worst thing for me personally is the loneliness.

ive pushed all my mates away and lost all contact with them.

mainly because i never went out cos of my acne.

and the thing is its hard to meet new people, esp if your still conscious of your acne/scars

i feel that way also RAG it blows i'm like a loud happy mofo but when i think about my acne/scars i just stop everything and start feeling bad =[

i feel that way also RAG it blows i'm like a loud happy mofo but when i think about my acne/scars i just stop everything and start feeling bad =[

i can have mood swings like that to, most people say we dont you you just try your not bad looking at all, thing is though my acne makes me really shy and has shot me down latly i really hope if i take accutane it clears it up and the battle ends cus right now im not all that happy.

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

I'm like you. :)

Life's miserable. :(

I skipped my senior prom because of it.

I gave up the best date i could have had.

I skipped prom as well. Everyone in class went to prom but me.

Thanks

the worst thing for me personally is the loneliness.

ive pushed all my mates away and lost all contact with them.

mainly because i never went out cos of my acne.

and the thing is its hard to meet new people, esp if your still conscious of your acne/scars

This floored me. I don't know what to say! Because this is happening to me.

I feel like I'll never find the right girl! I've been single for ever! I'm a virgin at age of 22!

>_>

As for now, I'm 100% clear but I have scars! I haven't gotten any acne yet.

Life's suck because my job is like jail! I work on a warehouse and I hate the hours.

I want to work in the morning to spend more time with my family in the evening, or meet people!

I hardly have time to go out.

I work 11-12 hours a day, and I go to gym. I work to keep myself clear! Because diet works. I'm on a healthy habits.

I wish I could be relieved! Perhaps when I find the right girl I will be relieved. :)

I am reading this and feel that i want to tell you guys - dont worry, first of all a lot of girls are not so critical of blemishes vs no blemishes. I have known guys with blemishes and they ended up marrying really pretty women. Look at Brad Pitt ! they say he had/has plenty of skin imperfections Im on this acne site because my niece had a real problem with painful cyst like breakouts, we weregoing nuts especially because they hurt! and she got desperate enough to make a lot of changes, she got rid of it all within 2 to 2 and 1/2 months and we were thankful. Just wanted to help some others. She changed diet to similar to diabetic - low carb pasta, whole grains, agava syrup instead of sugar etc. Stopped drinkng milk - blends cashews then water and uses that instead. No potatoes hardly ever. No iodized salt - most fast food places use it. She was breaking out from all her hair products - shampoos, conditioners too. Carefully washes her hair then uses ACV on her face immediately after washing/cond hair to breakdown the ingredients. No face on pillowcase - hair products stick there too. She switched to "boscia" and "juice" skin care products and some neutragena - in short, no silicones, chemicals. she uses blue light and red light 3 minutes on each side of her face. She completely cleared up except for those red marks, which were getting lighter , but slowly. Retin a gave her flakes so she halted that but then, last week , she started eating sesame seeds (white ones) and unbelievably , the red marks almost completely disappeared . Maybe because they are phytoestrol or anti inflammatory (dont know_)

I feel lonely because my girlfriend has been gone on a cruise for over a week. I miss her :(

I'm extremely self concious of acne and my red marks...

I've never really had much confidence to begin with, the acne just shot down the little I had..

Even worse is I'm a germophobe and my face is covered in this crap and there's little to nothing I can do about it since I can't get to a dermatologist at the moment..

At least you have a girlfriend, I was with an amazing girl for a year when she ended it and didn't tell me why, except that "I'm not the one for her". I have a feeling it was my skin and she didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Well, best of luck to you.

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

I agree life is shit. I'm just like you. Lost most my friends. I feel lonely. Have no confidence. What hurts the most is that I had so many girls that liked me but I would never take a chance on them. I was gonna wait til my acne cleared up to start dating. Unfortunately (not sure if I spelled that right) that never happened. Acne didn't really stop me from having friends or going out. What fucked me up was when I started to scar. I used to be in all honors classes and now im in all regulars and the only reason i passed is cuz my teachers felt bad for me. I did meet this one girl who looked past the scars. It only lasted 2 weeks because I couldn't act how I wanted to around her. she was the only girlfriend ive ever had and im 16. yah life does suck. good luck to you.

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

Yeah I have been where you are.

You have two choices. Sit there and let it beat you or get up and do something about it. It's that simple.

I know how you feel believe me i really do know. But you are not dying, you have a roof over your heard, you know when your next meal will be.

You feel the way you do because of media and advertising. A 1000 channels of fake people all made up to look perfect. Real people are not like that real. Real people get spots, they have scars, they limbs missing, they have wrinkles.

We live in a world where are lied to our entire lives. We live in a world where one man dies and 50 millions people who never met this guy act like their best friend just died. We are all victims of this media juggernaut!

Don't blame yourself for feeling the way you do. Just re-educate yourself and realise your potential.

For some reason this thread brings to mind a quote from Fight Club:

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything". -Tyler Durden

Who is like me:

feels lonely

have like no confidence

Yeah I have been where you are.

You have two choices. Sit there and let it beat you or get up and do something about it. It's that simple.

I know how you feel believe me i really do know. But you are not dying, you have a roof over your heard, you know when your next meal will be.

You feel the way you do because of media and advertising. A 1000 channels of fake people all made up to look perfect. Real people are not like that real. Real people get spots, they have scars, they limbs missing, they have wrinkles.

We live in a world where are lied to our entire lives. We live in a world where one man dies and 50 millions people who never met this guy act like their best friend just died. We are all victims of this media juggernaut!

Don't blame yourself for feeling the way you do. Just re-educate yourself and realise your potential.

Yes your so right nicky d, but thats the hardest part...getting that motivation and confidence to do things again. Its hard to explain its like ive been drained of all my energy and just dont have that "get up and go" feeling anymore.