Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can I use aloe vera as a moisturizer? I have oily skin, so do you think it will make it even oilier? I also have a few acne scars, will aloe vera be able to help heal those and make them go away

Yep. It's slightly drying though if you apply too much. A little goes a long way. I think it helped to lighten my hyperpigmentation but there were other factors in the mix - not just aloe vera. It feels really, really good on your skin though!

Yep. It's slightly drying though if you apply too much. A little goes a long way. I think it helped to lighten my hyperpigmentation but there were other factors in the mix - not just aloe vera. It feels really, really good on your skin though!

can you let me know what aloe vera product you are using. thanks so much for your help.

i use trader joe's aloe vera gel...i have a bad habit of picking my whiteheads but since i started using this i've stopped becuase they heal so much faster without "breaking open" and pussing/bleeding...after a couple of days the whitehead flakes off and then i just have to wait a couple of more days for the redness to go away

Can I use aloe vera as a moisturizer? I have oily skin, so do you think it will make it even oilier? I also have a few acne scars, will aloe vera be able to help heal those and make them go away

I've been using pure aloe vera gel from a plant and I've definetly noticed an improvement with my scars. My overall skin tone looks better too. I'd definetly recommend it as a moisturizer/help with scars because its non irritating. As with anything it takes time for scars to fade but this is also calming and soothing to the skin. I did notice it dried out my face a little though so don't use too much.

Hey!

I have been thinking of buying a aloe leaf and make organic aloe gel myself. Have you been using it as a moisturizer? If so, how is it?

I have oily skin as well, i use jojoba oil and tea tree oil and they have helped so much with my overall skin's texture and oiliness.

Let me know! I am really interested!

Thanks

I use Aloe Vera + Cetaphil Moisturizer and it's the best thing for my skin. Without it, I break out and my skin feels very dry, then oily. I recommended it to a close friend and his acne went away, he was forever thankful to me. It doesn't hurt to try, both very mild moisturizers that won't clog pores. I generously use it every night, I dont use bp or anything else, and wash my face with Philosophy facial wash... and I don't get acne anymore.

~ give it a try :)

i started using la roche posey brightening cream that clost 50$ and it sucked!!!!!

it has the ingredients that is suppose to lighten the skin but it made it worse almost...my boyfriend uses aloe vera..actually its solarcaine which is in drug stores ..and its amazing..the moment i put it on my skin calmed down..i now only use benzaclyne and after i apply the aloe as a moisturizer and even though i have combo skin with a little dry areas, the aloe is enough and its winter here now.

i apply it after icleanse and before bed again..i almost cant see my scars..i have one that a pimple i had lastweek but its already lightening.

my bf swore by it after shaving and his skin is amazing

If you want to reap the good benefits of aloe vera its best to use it in its natural state which is directly from the plant... Those products that you find at a drugstore dont have the same benefits as opposed to using it directly from the plant

Has anyone used an aloe moisturizer during accutane course? Did it help with fading red marks and for general redness?