Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

These are all general and varied questions I have assimilated into one forum.

1. Does it make a difference whether or not to towel dry rather than air dry one's face after washing?

(assuming that the towel is completely dry and used properly without rubbing)

2. I am aware that washing one's face with soap or facial cleanser is recommended to be restricted to twice a day, but does this also apply to rinsing one's face with water?

3. What is the proper way to apply topical creams and gels?

4. For those of you on Accutane: What is the proper and most efficient way to take the capsules?

(as in amount of water, what foods to eat [fats, etc.], time of day all leading to the most effective use of the medicine)

5. Is there a certain amount of time that sweat can remain on one's face before it can potentially be detrimental and/or cause acne to worsen?

(as in the case of working out/exercising/running/general sweating)

These are all general and varied questions I have assimilated into one forum.

1. Does it make a difference whether or not to towel dry rather than air dry one's face after washing?

(assuming that the towel is completely dry and used properly without rubbing)

2. I am aware that washing one's face with soap or facial cleanser is recommended to be restricted to twice a day, but does this also apply to rinsing one's face with water?

4. For those of you on Accutane: What is the proper and most efficient way to take the capsules?

(as in amount of water, what foods to eat [fats, etc.], time of day all leading to the most effective use of the medicine)

5. Is there a certain amount of time that sweat can remain on one's face before it can potentially be detrimental and/or cause acne to worsen?

(as in the case of working out/exercising/running/general sweating)

Moved to the General Acne Products board, since you're asking about several different things that don't all apply to one board.

Moved to the General Acne Products board, since you're asking about several different things that don't all apply to one board.

ok, fair. except my post doesn't concern acne products (well, except tane). it concerns a general inquiring perspective about (severe) acne in general. eh, eh?

Not once in your post do you mention a specific type of acne, and the General Acne Products board is for "anything that is not regimen, medication, or diet related". Yes, two of your five questions do pertain to different medications, but since you're asking about so many different things, there's no one board that this post fits into. So it goes here.

Not once in your post do you mention a specific type of acne, and the General Acne Products board is for "anything that is not regimen, medication, or diet related". Yes, two of your five questions do pertain to different medications, but since you're asking about so many different things, there's no one board that this post fits into. So it goes here.

I'm sorry. It's just that I always placed my severe acne posts in the "severe acne" forum. I guess I just assumed that when I posted something in that section, people also assumed it was meant for people with severe acne (I have severe acne).

Once again, sorry.

By the way, do you have answers to my questions?

I'm gonna try to answer these, although I don't know for sure all the answers.

Well, I noticed when I air dry more often my skin is slightly better, less irritated, but we often don't have the time to let our skin air dry so... I don't think it makes a huge difference, but I would make sure to use a clean towel when you do. I don't believe in using the same towel for a week. And like you mentioned, no rubbing.

Well I will splash my face just with water sometimes in between using cleanser uses, and I haven't noticed any problems.

The cream or gel will often give details on how to use them.

I'm not on accutane, but I'm sure the doctor that prescribed the medication for you should be able to fill you in on some of that info.

I just get the sweat off as soon as possible. If you do not have access to your cleanser, a good splash of water should help.

I'm gonna try to answer these, although I don't know for sure all the answers.

Well, I noticed when I air dry more often my skin is slightly better, less irritated, but we often don't have the time to let our skin air dry so... I don't think it makes a huge difference, but I would make sure to use a clean towel when you do. I don't believe in using the same towel for a week. And like you mentioned, no rubbing.

Well I will splash my face just with water sometimes in between using cleanser uses, and I haven't noticed any problems.

The cream or gel will often give details on how to use them.

I'm not on accutane, but I'm sure the doctor that prescribed the medication for you should be able to fill you in on some of that info.

I just get the sweat off as soon as possible. If you do not have access to your cleanser, a good splash of water should help.

thank you so much