Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amaandymoo

My Regimen

I've tried lots of things for my acne but nothing worked. I think that writing down my regimen will help me.

Morning:

Cleanse with NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE ACNE STRESS CONTROL POWER-CREAM WASH( Salicylic Acid 2%)

wait 5 minutes

Apply CLEAN & CLEAR PERSA-GEL 10 (Benzoyl Peroxide 10%)

wait 5 minutes

Apply EUCERIN SENSITIVE SKIN EVERYDAY PROTECTION FACE LOTION (SPF 30)

Night:

Cleanse with NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE ACNE STRESS CONTROL POWER-CREAM WASH( Salicylic Acid 2%)

wait 5 minutes

Apply CLEAN & CLEAR PERSA-GEL 10 (Benzoyl Peroxide 10%)

wait 5 minutes

Apply CLEAN & CLEAR OIL-FREE DUAL ACTION MOISTURIZER (Salicylic Acid .5%)

Do you guys think that this is good? I can't wait too long in between my applications, because especially in the morning, I don't have enough time. Any suggestions? What do you guys use?

You might want to consider finding yourself a 2.5% BP (like Neutrogena On The Spot) to use instead of your 10% BP. 2.5% BP is just as effective against acne as 5% and 10% BPs, but isn't nearly as drying or irritating for your skin.

And this is from the Acne.org FAQs (I realize that you're not on The Regimen, but since you're using BP, this applies to you too):

Q: Can I use salicylic acid with the Regimen?

A: This is probably a bad idea. The majority of medical books I scoured for acne medication information specifically warn against the combination of salicylic acid with benzoyl peroxide, calling it "overly irritating". Several people on the Regimen have noted this.

This warning is echoed when combining benzoyl peroxide with several other acne medications as well, resorcinol and sulfur to name two. Remember, irritation aggravates breakouts. Choose a cleanser and moisturizer that are free of acne medications for best results.

Not sure if combining a SA wash and a BP gel will benefit you in finding out which helps you more. I would recommend to stick to an all BP regimen or all SA, and then alter it a little after some results.

I'm sure a lot of members could recommend some products if you were to describe: age, skin type, how long have you had acne, what products have you tried, and is your acne mild or severe?

I don't have time to wait 5 minutes after each procedure lol... yet after taking a shower the air is more moist so it would take some time for a cream or gel to set.